Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Lets just say we draw next week-quite possible against Everton.
Lose to West Ham away and Chelsea away...then what?

Hope it doesn't happen but it is a possibility with our current away form and Everton are a bit of a bogey side for us.

Can't think like that really fella, as of today we have 10 pts from six games which is poor, our home form is good which in fairness for the last few years wasn't a problem anyhow, our away form is pretty rubbish which is a continuing problem and needs addressing, how we change it i don't know and it is most likely a mystery to pellegrini and mancini before him.

It is down to the players imho what we do about that i don't know

Our answer...........................David Luiz.

I said buy Bale for 50m 2yrs ago and everyone here said tosh. Now I'm telling you we should buy Luiz as a holding midfield player ostensibly. Can double up as a centre back, cover Yaya in Jan/feb and any injuries across back four and centre midfield.

He would move in January IF we said he would be in midfield and Chelsea would sell as Mourinho doesn't rate him, however, the next manager will..........................................final piece of jigsaw for us.

I think we all agree that this result takes some believing. I don't think the team selection or the substitutions had anything to do with it. The club has a squad where we have two quality players for each position precisely so we don't have to risk certain players in games we consider "easier" so they can play in more "difficult" matches. Hence, little point in risking Sergio or David before Wednesday, and Navas and Jovetic don't weaken any team. The City eleven on the pitch at any time was good enough to beat that Villa eleven comfortably. But nevertheless, this result is not the freak some posters seem to believe and ideas the "it can't happen again" are dangerous nonsense because it can. In fact, it already has happened - this season, at Cardiff. The match stats are eerily similar. 70% possession in Cardiff: 67% today. In Cardiff we had 8 corners, they had 3: today we had 13 to Villa's 2. In Cardiff we had 12 attempts to their 8: today 15 to Villa's 7. And the other great point in common, both Cardiff and Villa scored 3 while we only got 2. We lost 2 games we dominated, We gave three away in South Wales because we were a shambles at corners and, indeed defending a routine cut back: today we conceded from a free kick and a simple punt straight down the middle. It's no use saying it was a well taken free kick, because, if you concede free kicks in that area you can always concede. Against cardiff we blamed it on Garcia, but today we had Kompany and Nastasic. It was, indeed, Nastasic who gave away the totally unnecessary free kick. Something needs to be sorted out, or the "high risk" football we were going to enjoy this season may become the "suicide" game.

chesterbells said:
blueinsa said:
To try and use Arsenal who havnt won a fucking trophy in god knows how long as a stick to beat the manager with and yes, that's exactly what you are trying to do here is fucking laughable.

the same Arsenal that lost to Villa at home as well pmsl.

I'm not talking about Arsenals fucking home form you clown.I'm talking about there away form.They have now won I think 10 on the spin away,so to have the odd blip at home as they have is totally irrelevant.City can win all they like at home but will win fuck all until they sort the away form out. Sorry if you don't like my opinion but you seem to quote me a lot for some reason.
As I said,dress it up all you like...We played ok but got fuck all for it.Villa were bossed but got 3 pts.
Not to worry hey though,the boss will have give them a big cuddle afterwards hey,

Big cuddle?
Anyone would think you wished we still had Mancini.

Where have I mentioned our former manager.Stop shit stirring yeah and face up to the facts that quite simply our away form is fucking abysmal..3 wins in 11 is it??

sam-caddick said:
I don't know what other blues think about this but I was there today and for me it just looked like the whole team and management once again had their eye on the Champions League.

Pellegrini for me has his eyes on the CL this season though if you ask me, why not start Navas,? why take Nasri off?

The players just looked like they had nowhere near the amount of motivation they had against United, did they have their eye on Bayern? I have a feeling they did.

In regards to the game I didn't think we performed that bad but we were just not incisive enough and and had a few defensive shockers which Villa took their chances with.

I thought Milner, Nastasic and Hart were the poor players of the day for us.

Our away form needs to improve simple as that though, it looks like it will cost us the league.

I think it was obvious and he rightfully had one eye on the Champions League game against Bayern however the team we put out was good enough to beat Villa. The performance the team gave especially in the first half was good enough to beat the majority of PL sides and as Vinny said if we played that game 10 times we would win 9 of them. Bad luck, poor finishing, a lapse in concentration and poor refereeing cost us today.

I definitely agree about the motivation aspect and considering we are playing Bayern next week you would have thought the likes of Milner, Negrado and Dzeko would have been playing to keep their places.

I still think taking Nasri off was the right decision though. Considering we were in total control and he was on a yellow card.

We cannot blame linesmen or referees , at 1-0 and 2-1 , we should have stepped up a gear and torn them to pieces , if we have to depend on officials doing their job to win the title , we have no chance , they are human and will make mistakes . Some posters blaming nastasic and hart , but if we had taken half our chances , it would have been a massacre , we need to start turning our possession into goals and bloody quick .
But looking at some results today , it is going to be a topsy turvy season , todays result was a travesty , we outclassed villa , but we are not ruthless enough ,and we also need to realise when we are playing away from home , its somebody elses cup final , some of our players need to grow a pair.

kippaxblue76 said:
My take on it, got our noses in front but the linesman let them back in it with a poor decision, we went in front again only to stand off them at 1-2. We stopped pressing and allowed them to get back in it, they need to learn to keep the foot on the throat until the job is done, the amount of room we gave them after retaking the lead was ridiculous.

Precisely. I said something similar to your good self on page 59 of the thread. Not enough attention has been paid to the poor quality of City's pressing.

chesterbells said:
blueinsa said:
To try and use Arsenal who havnt won a fucking trophy in god knows how long as a stick to beat the manager with and yes, that's exactly what you are trying to do here is fucking laughable.

the same Arsenal that lost to Villa at home as well pmsl.

I'm not talking about Arsenals fucking home form you clown.I'm talking about there away form.They have now won I think 10 on the spin away,so to have the odd blip at home as they have is totally irrelevant.City can win all they like at home but will win fuck all until they sort the away form out. Sorry if you don't like my opinion but you seem to quote me a lot for some reason.
As I said,dress it up all you like...We played ok but got fuck all for it.Villa were bossed but got 3 pts.
Not to worry hey though,the boss will have give them a big cuddle afterwards hey,

Big cuddle?
Anyone would think you wished we still had Mancini.

No! At least we looked like scoring - rather that than the sideways shite I endured last season!

Mr HJ said:
Issues after that :

1. Most of our play was excellent - tempo,passing, movement. Villa were so frightened of us they were there for the taking and scoring only one goal in such a one-sided first 55 mins is not good. Edin was not clinical today and had so many chances but fluffed. Alvaro was unable to get on the end of things as Edin took the space he likes to be in . Negrado's link up play was superb and going forward he must play with Sergio or up top alone allowing Silva or Jovetic to come in. This would give us more movement and a better balance

2. Villa are very poor. They continually pumped the ball forward and had to rely on our centre backs poor positional play to allow them time to score. I am glad that I don't support such a poor team.

3. When we needed to chase the game all the play seemed to end up at either Kolarov or Milner who wasted it by running into a dead end or playing the wrong pass. I wish they would run directly inside rather than try to get past in limited space and four times the ball went straight out for a goal kick.

4. Nasri was taken off due to him being so frustrated by Villa's tactics (falling down when we went near or leaving feet in on a tackle) Samir was already booked and could have lost his head. Manager was right.

My only problem was the performance of Edin and James today not good enough and they must now by considered reserves! Only good thing is we lost only minimal ground but lost opportunity to keep momentum going. A bit peed off but I will be there shouting for the boys on Wed.
Good Shout!!

hilts said:
Lets just say we draw next week-quite possible against Everton.
Lose to West Ham away and Chelsea away...then what?

Hope it doesn't happen but it is a possibility with our current away form and Everton are a bit of a bogey side for us.

Can't think like that really fella, as of today we have 10 pts from six games which is poor, our home form is good which in fairness for the last few years wasn't a problem anyhow, our away form is pretty rubbish which is a continuing problem and needs addressing, how we change it i don't know and it is most likely a mystery to pellegrini and mancini before him.

It is down to the players imho what we do about that i don't know

Evening Hilts..It's hard not to think like that because our away form is simply shocking.
Clearly the champions league is the clubs priority which fucking stinks IMO.
2 steps forward,3 back still with our club on the ptich. Only thing Pellegrini got wrong was his subs today and starting Edin with Negredo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.