Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

conormcfc said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Our answer...........................David Luiz.

I said buy Bale for 50m 2yrs ago and everyone here said tosh. Now I'm telling you we should buy Luiz as a holding midfield player ostensibly. Can double up as a centre back, cover Yaya in Jan/feb and any injuries across back four and centre midfield.

He would move in January IF we said he would be in midfield and Chelsea would sell as Mourinho doesn't rate him, however, the next manager will..........................................final piece of jigsaw for us.
Bale isn't worth 50m now, never mind 2 years ago. So you were rightly told you were talking shit.

No to David Luiz as well. Possesses nowhere near enough discipline to play in a 2 man midfield.

Bale not worth 50m? Excuse me - he has just been sold for 90m and the rags apparently offered 120m so your stupid estimation of talent is of no consequence - fact is we could have doubled our money if nothing else, so the evidence says you are wrong Moreover, had we kept Bale our vulnerability on the left side wouldn't exist either. So, who is talking shit - take a bow son.
City, apparently want to evolve into a 4-3-3 system into which, IMO, Luiz would be perfect. But I also completely disagree with the suggestion about his discipline at playing in midfield and you've no evidence for that at all.

FantasyIreland said:
Damanino said:
When I think that they missed their two best players in Agbonlahor and Benteke...

And we were missing 3 of ours.
We replace our missing players with £25 million stars,villa don't

1 away point out of a possible 9 is shocking
Lot for the boss to work on.

BillyShears said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
would you rather win 2-1 or lose 3-2? because for the sake of winning that game I think sureing it up would have been sensible, 3 pts and if in our next away game we tear them to shreds and are 3 up and want to boost our GD by continuing to attack I say fair do's, at 1 goal up with no away win in the league yet I think as a top team and a team wanting to be called champions you have to be sensible.

At 2 - 1 when you've got all of the ball and are still creating chances it's a judgment call. Some managers go one way, others go the other but for a top team there's no right or wrong in that situation IMO.

there is, the result defines whether it was the right or wrong call.

Maybe hindsight but Pelle needs to learn quickly.

hilts said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
hilts said:
not sure what your point is fella where did i say we can afford to lose these games? in fact i have said several times our away form will cost us

would you rather win 2-1 or lose 3-2? because for the sake of winning that game I think sureing it up would have been sensible, 3 pts and if in our next away game we tear them to shreds and are 3 up and want to boost our GD by continuing to attack I say fair do's, at 1 goal up with no away win in the league yet I think as a top team and a team wanting to be called champions you have to be sensible.

i could keep repeating that we lost TODAY because of individual errors rather than tactics but life is too short, in certain away games i would agree 100% we should only play one up front but today wasn't one of those times

Today was a freak result our many other away defeats however have not been

Same as Cardiff, the point being individual errors come and are magnified because we're so open at the back.

Today was one of those times imo, and I felt what I've said during the game, sadly we ended up fucking it up.

ANY1aBLUE said:
[

Bale not worth 50m? Excuse me - he has just been sold for 90m and the rags apparently offered 120m .

LOL course they did. Thanks for cheering me up.

Right! I'm as pissed off as losing as the next person but some of the shit on here really fuckin irritates me.
Firstly the negative stuff. I didn't agree with getting rid of Mancini as he orchastrated our only success for years, especially when the competition has changed managers. We missed a massive opportunity to take advantage of our rivals as Wenger is now appreciating.
Now for the positive - we have a group of top class players and Pellers is still finding his best team (he chose not to play it today as Champions league is obviously his priority, though he wouldn't admit it).
We all know that the Arse won't keep up the momentum as they haven't got the depth over a full season and our new players will continue to fit in with the new team and the existing players will soon get used to the new systems and expectations.
..........that feels better.
P.S. Don't overreact if we don't beat the Champions of Europe on Wednesday of I will be cross.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Where have I mentioned our former manager.Stop shit stirring yeah

Right at the start of the night.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
You keep kidding yourself mate...Fucking 2 losses and a draw....Did Mancini ever do that on the spin....I am having doubts again

Your agenda is fucking clear so stop hiding and at least have the balls to call it as you see instead of changing your view and mind every week.

btw, not following you just pointing out yet more bullshit!

I'm not being a dick here, I just cannot work this out for the life of me.

From what I can see, and correct me if I'm wrong, people are annoyed that we didn't change from the two up top that had already scored for us twice in a game and change this to (some other tactic never mentioned) because we should have been aware of the possibility of losing a one goal lead to a losing position despite us twatting them the whole game.

This is what we should have done, despite goal difference being the deciding factor in the title race several years ago? Stopped playing at a one goal advantage in the same manner that we did against Cardiff where we replaced Navas with Milner?

As I say, I'm not being a cock here I'm just miles away from understanding what you actually wanted to happen based in the moment and not in hindsight

gordondaviesmoustache said:
To think, some posters thought 90 points would be needed this season. Less than 80 could very well win it. I think it's going to be an epic season.

Quite enjoyed today, I have to say. Thought it was a good game. Villa fans afterwards reminded me of when we used to beat a big team at Maine Road in particular. Football's a fucking brilliant game in that sense.

Still think we'll win it.
Nice bit of nostalgia there GDM.

Unfortunately the Sheik and the Board won't share your retro view on that defeat. Time's have changed .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.