Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I think we all agree that this result takes some believing. I don't think the team selection or the substitutions had anything to do with it. The club has a squad where we have two quality players for each position precisely so we don't have to risk certain players in games we consider "easier" so they can play in more "difficult" matches. Hence, little point in risking Sergio or David before Wednesday, and Navas and Jovetic don't weaken any team. The City eleven on the pitch at any time was good enough to beat that Villa eleven comfortably. But nevertheless, this result is not the freak some posters seem to believe and ideas the "it can't happen again" are dangerous nonsense because it can. In fact, it already has happened - this season, at Cardiff. The match stats are eerily similar. 70% possession in Cardiff: 67% today. In Cardiff we had 8 corners, they had 3: today we had 13 to Villa's 2. In Cardiff we had 12 attempts to their 8: today 15 to Villa's 7. And the other great point in common, both Cardiff and Villa scored 3 while we only got 2. We lost 2 games we dominated, We gave three away in South Wales because we were a shambles at corners and, indeed defending a routine cut back: today we conceded from a free kick and a simple punt straight down the middle. It's no use saying it was a well taken free kick, because, if you concede free kicks in that area you can always concede. Against cardiff we blamed it on Garcia, but today we had Kompany and Nastasic. It was, indeed, Nastasic who gave away the totally unnecessary free kick. Something needs to be sorted out, or the "high risk" football we were going to enjoy this season may become the "suicide" game.

You have nailed it once again Blue.

After 50 plus years of supporting city and watching loads of managers try and win things.then because the players don't like the manager.the manager who turned the club into a winning one He is sacked. Is that not spineless

Ok , Pellers may be a bit of a novice in PL terms when it comes to closing games out especially away from home , but surely Kidd should be leaning over his shoulder offering words of wisdom .
He is no beginner in this league!

How we lost today I don't know. But win mid week and all will be forgotten. Having so many changes dosent help the squad but if we would of won today it wouldent have mattered. Oh well 3 points a must next week shame we couldn't kick on today with rags and Chelsea losing points.

Ardwick Green Blue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I can only imagine the spinelessness of some of our supporters was never raised in conversations between Sheikh Mansour and Amanda Staveley when deciding which club to buy, or maybe it's just a recent manifestation.

In what way are some of our supporters spineless?

I know I really don't get these types of post. What is the point of a forum if everyone just came on and said " oh well, never mind we are only 5 points off the top and Arsenal are really shit and will throw it away"

I think Villa park has been one of our happiest hunting grounds since I started going 35 years ago. We have lost again after leading with just 20 minutes to go. How the fuck can anyone be happy with that?

It is not a good performance if we concede 3 goals, clearly some of the performance was good but the strikers didn't do enough and miss too many chances and the defence was dogshit so it is not a good performance.

We had all these we will be ok, we will piss the league, we will do this we will do that last season and look what we ended up with....nothing.

Whatever anyone says 10 points from our first 6 games with the standard of the opposition is at least 5 points too few.

Ardwick Green Blue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I can only imagine the spinelessness of some of our supporters was never raised in conversations between Sheikh Mansour and Amanda Staveley when deciding which club to buy, or maybe it's just a recent manifestation.

In what way are some of our supporters spineless?
Because they capitulate at the first sign of trouble. Some of the comments on here suggest people who like to roll over and have their tummy tickled.

wythenshaweblue£££ said:
How we lost today I don't know. But win mid week and all will be forgotten. Having so many changes dosent help the squad but if we would of won today it wouldent have mattered. Oh well 3 points a must next week shame we couldn't kick on today with rags and Chelsea losing points.
How is winning on Wednesday and then on Saturday going to change anything?

Home form isn't the issue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.