Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

manchesterJACK said:
After 50 plus years of supporting city and watching loads of managers try and win things.then because the players don't like the manager.the manager who turned the club into a winning one He is sacked. Is that not spineless

Congratulations, you're the most sensible post by far today!! 100% agreed.

It was the most one sided loss since Bolton beat us with a last minute penalty 10 years ago. Some of our football was outstanding and Villa, generally, were shite (which makes the loss even more infuriating). With Aguero in the team, this game would have been over by half time.

However, what is true is that we conceded 3 goals (granted, one of them off side) to another cannon fodder team. I'm afraid Joe Hart hasn't really been 'on it' since he started believing all the hype about himself, appearing on the cat walk and making excruciating TV ads. He needs to be dropped and we should make the signing of a top goal keeper a priority, because after a season and a bit of chronic mediocrity from Hart, we cannot ignore the issue for much longer. It's also clear that if we don't field our strongest 11, we become fragile.

We should probably give up any hope we have of the league if we continue to defend like today.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I can only imagine the spinelessness of some of our supporters was never raised in conversations between Sheikh Mansour and Amanda Staveley when deciding which club to buy, or maybe it's just a recent manifestation.

In what way are some of our supporters spineless?

I know I really don't get these types of post. What is the point of a forum if everyone just came on and said " oh well, never mind we are only 5 points off the top and Arsenal are really shit and will throw it away"

I think Villa park has been one of our happiest hunting grounds since I started going 35 years ago. We have lost again after leading with just 20 minutes to go. How the fuck can anyone be happy with that?

It is not a good performance if we concede 3 goals, clearly some of the performance was good but the strikers didn't do enough and miss too many chances and the defence was dogshit so it is not a good performance.

We had all these we will be ok, we will piss the league, we will do this we will do that last season and look what we ended up with....nothing.

Whatever anyone says 10 points from our first 6 games with the standard of the opposition is at least 5 points too few.
Given the fact that you never seem to post anything positive about City what "type" does that make you?

Ardwick Green Blue said:
I can only imagine the spinelessness of some of our supporters was never raised in conversations between Sheikh Mansour and Amanda Staveley when deciding which club to buy, or maybe it's just a recent manifestation.

I know I really don't get these types of post. What is the point of a forum if everyone just came on and said " oh well, never mind we are only 5 points off the top and Arsenal are really shit and will throw it away"

I think Villa park has been one of our happiest hunting grounds since I started going 35 years ago. We have lost again after leading with just 20 minutes to go. How the fuck can anyone be happy with that?

It is not a good performance if we concede 3 goals, clearly some of the performance was good but the strikers didn't do enough and miss too many chances and the defence was dogshit so it is not a good performance.

We had all these we will be ok, we will piss the league, we will do this we will do that last season and look what we ended up with....nothing.

Whatever anyone says 10 points from our first 6 games with the standard of the opposition is at least 5 points too few.

Very true,it's nowhere near good enough but I can see us losing 7/8 games at least away from home this season.

Eaglechief said:
manchesterJACK said:
After 50 plus years of supporting city and watching loads of managers try and win things.then because the players don't like the manager.the manager who turned the club into a winning one He is sacked. Is that not spineless

I take it you were not on here last season or watched us play at all, or some of the performances the season before

Eaglechief said:
manchesterJACK said:

damned right, we sack a manager who has won trophies in Italy and then turns city into a trophy winning outfit and we sack him, embarrassing.

the players needed a kick up the arse or moving on, not the manager

Ardwick Green Blue said:

Absolutely spot on mate. I have no idea were this unquestioning love for pellegrini has come from he's not got a winning pedigree and it's clear why given our start to the season

Ardwick Green Blue said:

Because they capitulate at the first sign of trouble. Some of the comments on here suggest people who like to roll over and have their tummy tickled.

In general City fans don't roll over when things aren't going well and i haven't seen anything on here tonight that suggests otherwise. Some posters have indicated an unease with Pellegrinis apparent lack of tactical nous and others have posted that they support him simply because he is our manager. Both views are valid and I subscribe each of them as I have no influence as to whether he remains in post or not.

bondsman said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:

Absolutely spot on mate. I have no idea were this unquestioning love for pellegrini has come from he's not got a winning pedigree and it's clear why given our start to the season

thank you ! it's not just me then ? I don't want to run the fella down, he seems a nice bloke but he can be as nice as pie, if he can't win us anything, and his track record suggests he won't, he's not for us

bondsman said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:

Your post history seems to say you only ever post on here after a defeat, we have strange posters on here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.