Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Yes it's early days and yes it's only one game, yes we were extremely unlucky, almost 70% possession and JH hard hardly anything to do - and yes we were robbed. Nevertheless, yet again, we have conceded goals in quick succession why, why, why does this keep recurring?

I had a very bad feeling as they came out for the second half when I saw Sami Nas and Yaya T having a really good laugh with each other just before the kick off - not a little joke but almost hysterics. It just didn't seem like the thing to be doing at that time. Next thing it's 1-1 and unbelievably defeat. I bet they're not laughing and joking now. I'm not saying that's why we lost, just asking the question - did that reflect the 'mentality' of our team for the second half, a mentality which led to defeat - GUTTED. CTID

Should have been 5 up at half time. Poor finishing all round. And all the time we were far to open at the back. Our defensive shape is shocking against poor teams who wont push us back.

let me assure you chaps, I am no rag, I am a realist who can see even at this stage we have made the wrong appointment.

so getting a team out of the group stage in the cl now qualifies a manager to manage city does it ? that's a joke

we need a manager with a proven track record domestically and in Europe and by proven I mean proven by winning trophies
I genuinely hope he turns it around but I have no faith. and the point I made about prioritising is the resting of aguero for a cl game, you should treat each game as a priority, not one that happens to be around the corner

there is some consolation, at least we weren't daft enough to appoint moyes

Now lost two games I am sure woud not have been lost under Mancini. Success in the Champions League is all very well but IMO winning the Premier League a few times should be the immediate priority. Think we woud have strolled to Premier League title this year under Mancini.

Got through 25 pages of this thread and concluded Kolarov must have been decent as no one's been having a go at him so far ! Didn't see any of the game so in no position to offer a critical assessment. Result very disappointing obviously and the away form (3 wins from last 11 played) clearly needs urgent attention. Maybe Nasty needs a rest ( I thought he was shaky v United on a couple of occasions which could have led to goals on another day) ?Perhaps Lescott's extra experience might be better in the short term but Nastasic will surely come good again. Like everyone, I'm shocked that we ended up losing a game having led twice.

Eaglechief said:
bluemc1 said:
blueinsa said:
without a shadow of a doubt.

yeah shocking appointment, why not just appoint a manager who had never even managed in a CL group stage game, what a right load of knobs we would look then

I know you're desperately hanging onto the "Mancini never got anywhere in the CL" excuse, but let's be honest, our first season in the CL we got 10 points but didn't get through the group, not bad for our first attempt though.

The second season we all know who we got in our group and there was no shame in not qualifying, because frankly very few EPL teams would have succeeded.

I honestly think with this year's group, Mancini would have got the team to qualify as much as Pelligrini will do.

If you seriously think this team is anywhere near winning the CL, then you and all the other Pelligrini inners are seriously deluded, you need to give your heads a good wobble.

whoa big fella think you need to have a look at the first post to see what im saying, oh fuxk it ill just tel you, post 1 rag on the wind, my post giving him shit about appointing Moyes who has less credentials than Pellegringi, Mancini has never come into it, now back in your cage

The blueprint to beat City...

Park the bus and wait for the mistake.

We need to learn to kill sides off quickly and be ruthless when in front. I think we are onto something with this system but the one area where it is inferior is it lets the opposition back in. When City took the lead in the past it was usually game over. Now who knows?

We will work it out.

ANY1aBLUE said:
twat..........................CL is the priority - it means global finacial rewards, better players and ultimate glory. Which would you chose - Champions League winners or Prem League? Hero's for a year or a lifetime?

Personally premier league. Can understand that the club might choose champions league, but not at the expense of the premier league I would hope.

Damocles said:
I'm not being a dick here, I just cannot work this out for the life of me.

From what I can see, and correct me if I'm wrong, people are annoyed that we didn't change from the two up top that had already scored for us twice in a game and change this to (some other tactic never mentioned) because we should have been aware of the possibility of losing a one goal lead to a losing position despite us twatting them the whole game.

This is what we should have done, despite goal difference being the deciding factor in the title race several years ago? Stopped playing at a one goal advantage in the same manner that we did against Cardiff where we replaced Navas with Milner?

As I say, I'm not being a cock here I'm just miles away from understanding what you actually wanted to happen based in the moment and not in hindsight

You can't argue with logic like that, i have tried but it got me nowhere, we might have quality players and villa might have poor players, we might have dominated the game but unless navas comes on for milner we lose unless milner started then lose if we don't bring on navas

we would probably lose anyhow as we didn't bring on garcia or jovetic or dzeko

seems straightforward if we lose it is because we didn't make the right subs at the right time

if we lose again this season and pellegrini hasn't brought on a sub any sub just before we concede a goal he must be sacked unless he starts to look a little less laid back, no excuse for being laid back

Cobwebcat said:
The blueprint to beat City...

Park the bus and wait for the mistake.

We need to learn to kill sides off quickly and be ruthless when in front. I think we are onto something with this system but the one area where it is inferior is it lets the opposition back in. When City took the lead in the past it was usually game over. Now who knows?

We will work it out.
Can't argue with that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.