Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

One or two of the strikers are going to have to suck it up on the bench, as we look completely different when we play with the extra man in midfield. Can't decide if the opposition is becoming more tired when we play two up and then thus dominate late on, or whether we could dominate thus with five in the middle from the start.

Play the extra man in midfield. Grind teams into the ground. Don't give them a sniff. Eventually the chances will come and the games won. Every man and his dog can see it.

Tempo too slow for much of the game, then looked like an accident waiting to happen with the Lampard-Yaya midfield, but as soon as Fernando came on it was total domination. Silva was absolute class and Aguero's movement was looking really sharp, he looks right on the edge of unstoppable form. That back four, with Fernando in front of them, looks scary.

Great win by City......don't understand why we don't start the game with more men in midfield....We are a lot better team when Dzeko went off and Fernando came on, with Yaya pushing more forward....I think we should start more games like this....Dzeko should start on the bench...his first touch was poor all game, maybe he should stay a super-sub......Pelle needs to take notice, that formation works better for us and would help in Europe!!....Up to 2nd place!!! ;)

hgblue said:
Play the extra man in midfield. Grind teams into the ground. Don't give them a sniff. Eventually the chances will come and the games won. Every man and his dog can see it.

Be nice to see us play that way just to prove the point, so to speak. I do think Fernando is vital to the formation though.

Rammy Blue said:
Did Hart have a save to make?

Yaya was so lazy, shouting at him all game to actually carry the ball rather than just lay it off, first time he does it he fucking scores.

Different team when Fernando came on and Merlin was on another planet.

Yes a good one with his right arm in the second half.

Chinas-Nail-Houses-1.jpg

good solid team performance.

Hart did well with the one save he had to make all game.

Probably our most complete performance of the season so far and I would have said that even if it finished 0-0.

Don't quite agree with VK when he says its the best the team has played since he joined the club but what would I know.

great team performance from City Villa deffo lifted their game Silva MOTM by a country mile Mangala had good game
all positives for City and Fernando looks like he is a vital player if we are going to have another good season absolute game changer today

Makes up for the loss to Stoke and repays Villa for that total injustice last season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.