Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

What today proves is we look so much better playing 4-2-3-1. Look a lot more balanced, and doesn't heap all the defensive responsibility on whoever Yaya plays with in the middle. If Fernando stays fit all season, we'll win the league; he's that important.

Oh, and David Silva is just incredible.

Villa defended like Trojans tonight and it's something we are going to have to face in loads of games, but ultimately we deserved to win the game there was only so long they could hold on

Not like me to say much like this on the forum but some of you guys are shocking in supporting our players! Besides 2 counter attacks and a half chance for wiemann you totally dominated villa yet its still nit good enough?!?! Never have i seen a home team play like that and yet when facing 11 players inside 25 yards time after time we get our rewards in the end. As for the constant savaging of yaya its not gone way too far to the point some are so blinkered whatever he does wont be good enough.hhe always looked for the ball and maybe after all the shite he has received hes trying too hard? Reading that match day forum was a real eye opener and shows what a spoilt bunch of bastards some of our fans have become!we have NO devine right to win a game and i thought we were fantastic, professional and worked our bollocks off! Every game for us is like attack v defence and ive just witnessed one of the best midfield performances I've ever seen from merlin, milner great again and fernando back and already in the groove! We've never had it so good yet its still not good enough for some?!?! We were fantastic today and our quality and relentless pressure paid off. Very happy city tonight and i think a few need to learn that we won't win 5 or 6 nil every time. Anyway. .....celebration beer time!

well done city, the writing was on the wall it was going to be a late goal, we got our rewards in the end, fingers cross the arse can beat chelsea tomo

a word for mangala: he was excellent today (and vinny too, but we all know that), also thought for sure he'd scored when aleks put the corner on his head

Vinny called it the best team performance since he's been at City! WOW!!

Not sure I agree with that, but was happy to see that we just kept plugging away, taking chances when available (even if everything seemed to be straight into the arms of Guzan!), and that it was a cheeky left footed pass into the bottom corner that won the game...plus a quality strike by Sergio.

Massive performances all over the park. Mangala looked solid, Milner never stopped running, Silva never stopped plotting, and Yaya was the pivotal player on the field from first to last....like he should be!

AND...have to mention the MAGNIFICENT SUPPORT FROM THE CITY FANS! Best compliment I can give them is that they sounded like Roma fans on Tuesday...waaaay out numbered by loud and proud the entire game! Congratulations to everyone who sang their hearts out for the lads...it worked!

Only downside was Fernandinho going off after jarring his leg on landing after the push in the back. Looked like he jarred his right leg, but was holding the upper back part of his right leg, so I'll assume a right hamstring stretched on landing when he jarred his left leg....and a month out! Shit!!!

citytill1die84 said:
Hart

Zaba Kompany Mangala Kolarov

Fernando

Silva Fernandinho Yaya Nasri

Aguero

If we could play this every week we wouldn't lose.

I'd have Milner in for Nasri.

Kolorov took one corner and Mangala had it on target,may be a thing to consider
Yahya is not only a 31 year old but quiet a huge frame to go with it,its just not fair on his body to be playing in a 2 man midfied,Fernando has bin given credit by many posters and rightly so but part of the reason was an extra man in midfield for a striker
With one striker we look impeccable defensively and going forward it gives us more options and brings our full backs really into the game, with 3 strikers and one spot it would be tough to make everyone happy at the same time we shouldnt sacrifice points over system that works better for us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.