Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

There was at least one guy happy with a point. Manuel!

Nothing else explains why we subbed in another CM/DM and had no striker while needing a goal.

He didn't look happy, and anyway I'm sure he thought the team with the attacking talent on show should have done better, the midfield didn't perform either

The Arsenal result makes tonight a very big let off. Shit performance all round but we've gotten away with it.

Agreed Billy bt That's football. A draw at home for them, a draw away for us. Puts things into perspective. There are no easy games and no team has the 'right' to a win in the Premier League irrespective of position in the league.

Blue Haze
We spent more in the last 2 summers than their club is worth
Yeah ok that may be the case
But things dont always point to a hammering
To the opposition!
Ffs you talk some non sense
It's one thing to try and fail, it's another to use tactics we know are bad. Keeping our star youth striker on the bench to ponder his future while needing a goal is absurd. Right up there with Pellegrini not knowing how many goals we needed in Munich.

He's a good manager overall, but he has these ridiculous moments where logic and reason fly out the window and crazy decisions are made.

Number of things contributed to that result. First of all it was a much improved defensive performance from Villa. They fought hard today and deserve some credit for that.

Second it was a typical post CL away match hangover performance from us. Too many key players weren't at the races today.

But you have to ask questions of the manager. He got the subs all wrong. I can understand the first one but Sterling should have gone in the middle not de Bruyne. Why he thought bringing Delph on instead of Iheanacho was a good idea I'll never know. It added nothing to us but got the Villa fans fired up. A shocker of a decision in my view.

And after that time wasting and that terrible unsporting throw-in by Gestede, I hope the cheating bastards go down. Mind you, Joe Hart has to take plenty of blame for that incident as well and showed how brainless he is. He should (1) have played on unless told not to, (2) if he had to put the ball out then put it out well down field so they couldn't waste any more time and (3) just let the throw go out for a goal kick instead of trying to play it.

Still, with Arsenal dropping 2 points, we're still top going into the break.

Seems like all the teams who played in Europe this week only the scum won must be a drop of in energy and mentality levels

Two points thrown away but we're still top of the league with Silva, Aguero, Nasri to come back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.