Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

You honestly think we were set up to win today? It was piss poor from Pellegrini and it had rubbed off on the players before a ball was even kicked (see Kompany before the game). Do you think packing the midfield against Villa (no offence meant) was a brave decision?

Yes we missed chances but fuck me, if the manager showed a bit of confidence in players for example subbing a striker and actually subbing another striker on we may have got something out of it! I've stuck up for Pellegrini but today he really pissed me off and that won't change.

Summed up well: He is too stubborn, has a hiaracy on the bench with the more senior player coming on first despite it being the wrong substitution Bringing a striker on with 5 mins to go is a wasting time manoeuvre not a desire to go out and win the game. With this squad and a top manager we should be clear at the top he is very lucky to manage this squad of players.

it was bound to be one of those games....some on here need to get a fucking grip blaming the manager again is a cop out. Villa are the bottom club, but the fact that a new manager has come in he was bound to shut up shop and focus on defending. We should have won the game but for some unlucky finishing, hitting the bar and one going just wide at the end.

Still top aren't we !!!!!

Well that game has certainly divided opinion, at first I was convinced it was the usual rags but seems we have a whole new fan base.

You honestly think we were set up to win today? It was piss poor from Pellegrini and it had rubbed off on the players before a ball was even kicked (see Kompany before the game). Do you think packing the midfield against Villa (no offence meant) was a brave decision?

Yes we missed chances but fuck me, if the manager showed a bit of confidence in players for example subbing a striker and actually subbing another striker on we may have got something out of it! I've stuck up for Pellegrini but today he really pissed me off and that won't change.
I don't get why whenever the players miss gilt edged chances the manager takes the flak. The forward play wasn't good enough. We were just a little bit short for whatever reason. Usual convenient easy excuse to blame the coach. The chances arrived thick and fast. Villa were never a threat so why blame the coach. In hindsight he might think he could have made different subs. But at the time they all looked reasonable to me.

We'd have won comfortably had Aguero been fit or Bony stayed on the pitch

its the personal abuse towards our own, that some of us dont get ,big diffrence

I totally agree, that is what I meant, that those on here dishing it out, will be the ones who think its funny when the rags or Scousers do the same about their team, and they will have no sense of irony that they are in effect laughing at themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.