Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

i really dont understand it, i get people might be annoyed, but some of the thing posted have been just pure hatred almost. We dont win one game and its a complete melt down

There is no need for the abuse after that game but there are things worth debating after every game, win, lose or draw. Both of the extreme posts are just as bad as each other for me. The ranting end and the clappy end of the spectrum.

Some people will go OTT and never post after a win but others will just come on and their contribution is stop flapping and wipe your fannies or "we will walk the league" based on nothing other than the poster wanting us to.

Overall we are in a solid position in every competition we are in but our away form is declining and a draw at a four points all season villa is a disappointment. I dont think anyone would deny that.

I don't get why whenever the players miss gilt edged chances the manager takes the flak. The forward play wasn't good enough. We were just a little bit short for whatever reason. Usual convenient easy excuse to blame the coach. The chances arrived thick and fast. Villa were never a threat so why blame the coach. In hindsight he might think he could have made different subs. But at the time they all looked reasonable to me.

We'd have won comfortably had Aguero been fit or Bony stayed on the pitch

If villa were never a threat than why play a defensive formation that stifled our attacking options like you clearly observed.

I don't get why whenever the players miss gilt edged chances the manager takes the flak. The forward play wasn't good enough. We were just a little bit short for whatever reason. Usual convenient easy excuse to blame the coach. The chances arrived thick and fast. Villa were never a threat so why blame the coach. In hindsight he might think he could have made different subs. But at the time they all looked reasonable to me.

We'd have won comfortably had Aguero been fit or Bony stayed on the pitch

Players more to blame for me especially first half. Some games we take ages to get going. First half was very poor today.

Flap central tonight. Poor first half from Pellers & the team, however to say Villa rode their luck is an understatement. When the goalie saves a point blank header with his face you know it's not your night - could & should have been 4/5 nil. If we had started the game with the urgency we had second half then we'd have won it by half time. Positives, last season we'd have lost that 1-0 to an offside injury time Scott Sinclair mis hit shot.

SWP, he's been tactically out thought over the last 2 seasons, by the likes of Pardew, Allardyce and Van Gaal.

Today he's set up exactly the same against bottom of the league Aston Villa as he did against a dangerous Sevilla.

We looked lethargic and slow after 5 minutes and anyone with any ounce of sense could see the kind of performance that was coming today from those first five minutes.

I've supported City since before I can even remember, no matter how frustrating they can be, I'll still support them.

And I stand by my rights to moan about the team when they haven't been good enough. And today we weren't good enough partially because Pellegrini got the tactics, formation and, especially, his subs wrong!
Very measured response. Not the worst result though considering arsenal's result. I think we'd have lost that game last season and we never looked like doing today. Plus the defense, especially the ot were superb. :-)

Visitors to Villa will find it increasingly more difficult. Our visit is out of the way and we're still top.

SWP, he's been tactically out thought over the last 2 seasons, by the likes of Pardew, Allardyce and Van Gaal.

Today he's set up exactly the same against bottom of the league Aston Villa as he did against a dangerous Sevilla.

We looked lethargic and slow after 5 minutes and anyone with any ounce of sense could see the kind of performance that was coming today from those first five minutes.

I've supported City since before I can even remember, no matter how frustrating they can be, I'll still support them.

And I stand by my rights to moan about the team when they haven't been good enough. And today we weren't good enough partially because Pellegrini got the tactics, formation and, especially, his subs wrong!
Very measured response. Not the worst result though considering arsenal's result. I think we'd have lost that game last season and we never looked like doing today. Plus the defense, especially the ot were superb. :-)

For me the jury's still out on Pellers but to criticise for bringing Navas on is daft- he was our best player by far.
Also with the Delph substitution we had our strongest attacking period of the game after that and with a bit of luck should have won it!

pretty good few weeks without Kun and Silva ...won 7 drawn 2
Looking at Spurs after playing on a Thhere was non excuse for fatigue or tiredness , simply there where some bad decisions made from the manager , and some poor finishing , de bruyne sterling and fernando all gainy guilt edge chances! But we are city and we will pick ourselves up and win the next game no doubt! Bad day at the office with bony going off! MCFC!!
what about spurs? they never got out of their own half in the last 20 mins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.