Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

What is evident is if we play with Yaya at the point of a midfield three he needs to be on top of his game for the system to work, personally I can't wait for Dave to make the position his own, if it's at the expense of Yaya then so be it, the three gives us solidity without doubt though .

Bad day at the office

If we continue to put half arsed performances in like today I will be.
There's was always going to be a dip in our performance after the way we played midweek.
Had enough chances to win but it wasn't to be.
On another day we could have won by 4 or 5.
We've lost these games 1-0 in the past and villa had that new manager bounce.
My toys stay firmly in the pram, we'll be top going into the international break, already qualified to next stage in Champs league and in the quarters of the league cup.
How the fuck some on here have the fuckin nerve to question pellers or the team are either thick, rags or have never been to a game ever.
Roll on Liverpool.

It's one thing to try and fail, it's another to use tactics we know are bad. Keeping our star youth striker on the bench to ponder his future while needing a goal is absurd. Right up there with Pellegrini not knowing how many goals we needed in Munich.

He's a good manager overall, but he has these ridiculous moments where logic and reason fly out the window and crazy decisions are made.

Just because kelechi scored a last min goal against palace, doesn't make him the answer to our attacking failings today. We were poor to man attacking today, and kelechi didn't do anything to change it either, because as a team we weren't good. Anyway, We should of had enough without an 18year old striker. yaya was poor kdb was poor sterling was poor, kolorov was poor, navas and sagna were poor, Fernandinho was unrecognisable.
Bad day

I don't get why whenever the players miss gilt edged chances the manager takes the flak. The forward play wasn't good enough. We were just a little bit short for whatever reason. Usual convenient easy excuse to blame the coach. The chances arrived thick and fast. Villa were never a threat so why blame the coach. In hindsight he might think he could have made different subs. But at the time they all looked reasonable to me.

We'd have won comfortably had Aguero been fit or Bony stayed on the pitch
We did lose because of poor forward play, but you can't expect midfielders to be good at playing that position. We've made it work in the past, but today, it simply didn't work, and you wonder why Ihenacho wasn't given more of a chance, given how well he played in the last game he started. After all, we were against the bottom club. The Delph substitution was confusing to me too. He's not a game changer, and it's not as if we needed him to help us control the midfield, because we were completely dominant.

Thankfully Spurs did us a favour. It's worth mentioning Villa played pretty well. Typical of us to get them just after their new manager comes in.

Looking at Spurs after playing on a Thur
There was non excuse for fatigue or tiredness , simply there where some bad decisions made from the manager , and some poor finishing , de bruyne sterling and fernando all gainy guilt edge chances! But we are city and we will pick ourselves up and win the next game no doubt! Bad day at the office with bony going off! MCFC!!

Yes but then again look at Arsenal after their European efforts.

You honestly think we were set up to win today? It was piss poor from Pellegrini and it had rubbed off on the players before a ball was even kicked (see Kompany before the game). Do you think packing the midfield against Villa (no offence meant) was a brave decision?

Yes we missed chances but fuck me, if the manager showed a bit of confidence in players for example subbing a striker and actually subbing another striker on we may have got something out of it! I've stuck up for Pellegrini but today he really pissed me off and that won't change.

Maybe not you, but pre match a lot of the posts said 3 in midfied, same as Sevilla.
It didn't work and fuck me, it's Manuel's fault for not having hindsight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.