Villarreal Away, we've had cancellations so places remain

Re: Villarreal Away Trip Now On Sale

mancitymick said:
mcfcliam said:
cibaman said:
Do you need a match ticket to go on these trips as seems to be the case with Thomas Cook? Thinking of doing the 2 day trip with the missus, but she wouldnt be going to the match.

Yeah you do.

I'm on TC for Napoli and your booking is only confirmed and payment taken when you qualify for a ticket.

He is on about Spike trips mate and not TC

Oh just read it again, sorry cibaman.

You don't need a ticket, no.

I've been to Villarreal with Rangers back in 2006. I stayed in Valencia and the train to Villarreal is about 40-45 mins from there. Villarreal is very much a poor town with a rich club owner it seems. I think it has a population of somewhere between 30-50k, and El Madrigal is a bit of a dump! You'll all be shocked. There isn't a lot to do there so I would advise people to stay in Valencia, which is a fantastic city with plenty of good bars/restaurants.

Hope some of the above was useful!

Ps. Watch out for Spanish Police...they don't need an excuse to assault British fans.

rangersfc said:
I've been to Villarreal with Rangers back in 2006. I stayed in Valencia and the train to Villarreal is about 40-45 mins from there. Villarreal is very much a poor town with a rich club owner it seems. I think it has a population of somewhere between 30-50k, and El Madrigal is a bit of a dump! You'll all be shocked. There isn't a lot to do there so I would advise people to stay in Valencia, which is a fantastic city with plenty of good bars/restaurants.

Ps. Watch out for Spanish Police...they don't need an excuse to assault British fans.

How many briefs did Rangers get ?

BillyMC said:
rangersfc said:

How many briefs did Rangers get ?

I think we got about 1300. Not 100% sure though. I'll find out.

I didn't have a ticket, neither did about 10,000 other Rangers fans who travelled. We went in big numbers as the first time we qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League. Plenty made it in with fake tickets and home end tickets. I'd estimate around 5000 fans made it into the stadium.

The crush going into the stadium was unbelievable, the Spanish Polices' method of checking your ticket was real, was holding a lighter under it. They also closed the shutters 20 mins before kick off leaving lots of fans outside.

As I said before, beware of the police. Very heavy handed.

Some good information in your first post, Valencia is so much better than Villareal.

However, I'm sure the police were 'handy' because of what they faced; thousands of ticketless fans using fake tickets or storming the gates. I'm sure City will bring about 2800 all with tickets so shouldn't be a problem.

I don't have a ticket but I'm travelling. I'm a rangers season ticket holder and a city fan and have heard the stories of what happened to gers fans in benidorm, Alicante and Villerreal the police in Spain are animals. Still can't wait for the trip though! Hoping spikes hotel choice is good

mcfcliam said:
mancitymick said:
mcfcliam said:
Yeah you do.

I'm on TC for Napoli and your booking is only confirmed and payment taken when you qualify for a ticket.

He is on about Spike trips mate and not TC

Thanks, just hope 4930 points is enough.

was on holiday in Valencia during the last WC, great night when spain beat germany in the sf.

Oh just read it again, sorry cibaman.

You don't need a ticket, no.

Thanks, hope 4930 points is enough

jay_mcfc said:
Some good information in your first post, Valencia is so much better than Villareal.

However, I'm sure the police were 'handy' because of what they faced; thousands of ticketless fans using fake tickets or storming the gates. I'm sure City will bring about 2800 all with tickets so shouldn't be a problem.

Spanish police are animals.

They were 'handy' because they can be without fear of persecution.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:53 pm --<br /><br />
RushyMagic said:
I don't have a ticket but I'm travelling. I'm a rangers season ticket holder and a city fan and have heard the stories of what happened to gers fans in benidorm, Alicante and Villerreal the police in Spain are animals. Still can't wait for the trip though! Hoping spikes hotel choice is good

Nice to meet you mate!

rangersfc said:
jay_mcfc said:

Spanish police are animals.

They were 'handy' because they can be without fear of persecution.

-- Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:53 pm --

RushyMagic said:
I don't have a ticket but I'm travelling. I'm a rangers season ticket
holder and a city fan and have heard the stories of what happened to gers fans in benidorm, Alicante and Villerreal the police in Spain are animals. Still can't wait for the trip though! Hoping spikes hotel choice is good

Nice to meet you mate!

You to pal, do you follow city?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.