Villas-Boas calls for 'B' teams

Worst Case Ontario

Team supported
them a pray fi me fall like rain!!!
The FA wouldn't have to do much. You can already loan and recall to lower leagues. Is there any rule against it?

I think it's a monetary issue. Lest we not forget the Prem is just 20 years old and we haven't had such a strong league historically speaking. City should move to do this now.

Well our youth is miles behind Spain and Germany at least. The loaning system is limited in that its always a gamble whether your player gets a good shot at playing and your batch of players never get to gel together like Barca B do for instance. It'd certainly promote a home grown culture and improve the odds of players reaching their potential in this country.

Do any other leagues apart from La Liga do this?

I'd imagine it causes issues on Cup draws.

I'd imagine only a few clubs have a large enough academy pool to participate in this, us, rags, chelsea, Arsenal plus I assume Spurs & Liverpool. Can't really see any negatives for us going forward, but to be fair, it does make for more of a Top 6 getting better when others don't have that option however.

It does sound like a good idea and I wouldn't be surprised if we could get a decent crowd in the new proposed 7.5k stadium being built in the new complex.

Rather than invest in changing the league structure we need to overhaul youth coaching, the level of coaching in this country is appealing compared to the rest of the major footballing country's. Have a look at any kids game I the country the majority of the coaches are dads who fair play are giving time up to do it, but ultimately haven't got a clue about breaking down technique into the basic level to improve. We value hard work, size and strength in this country over technique and footballing education. Until this changes we will always struggle.

bluemoondays said:
Do any other leagues apart from La Liga do this?

I'd imagine it causes issues on Cup draws.

I'd imagine only a few clubs have a large enough academy pool to participate in this, us, rags, chelsea, Arsenal plus I assume Spurs & Liverpool. Can't really see any negatives for us going forward, but to be fair, it does make for more of a Top 6 getting better when others don't have that option however.

It does sound like a good idea and I wouldn't be surprised if we could get a decent crowd in the new proposed 7.5k stadium being built in the new complex.

Germany do this as well.

Figures top 2 footballing nations in Europe.

I could see there a massive crowd at Ipswich Town for the visit of Manchester City B... surely fans wouldn't approve of this?

And teams would have to be automatically relegated to allow Chelsea B, United B, City B, Arsenal B, Spurs B, and Liverpool B to enter League One and the Championship.

How would it be decided who has B teams aswell? It's all very well having decent young players who can't get into the top 6 starting elevens yet, but who wants to see a Wigan B vs Blackburn B?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.