Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet when Vinny tries to do it himself he pulls a bloody hamstring, maybe we need a professional boot lacer?
3oEdv963SxFPwELl5K.gif

Oh jeez. Where is my pinky pony world.

I saw that conference and Pep never told Company was fit to play 90 minutes. And you wrote it like a given fact from med stuff.

And notice I don't call u a liar or delusional fan.

Medics could have been in touch but it means not too much really. Player under adrenalin and not a robot to examine his muschules fatigue - somewhere he overstretching, overburden and that's it. You can't predict it on 89th minute of the game, the next run would be fatal for me. And what they could do after 3rd sub? Gave him massage on the pitch?

Once again this decision was a blunder.

its a question of knowing your body and its limitations.

Some people are not that good at it.

If Vinny was slowly going under then it was his call barring a hammy or another strain etc which is felt instantaneously as is cramp.

He felt obligated to stay on once the last sub was made.

He belted the floor with his hand not because of the goal but because he knew he was spent.

That last stretch did it for him the camels back as they say and he was wise to come off immediately albeit in slightly unusual circumstances.

Unless further scans show more signs of muscle tear or ligament damage it is what it is and its likely we wouldn't have seen him until after the international break even if he went off after 60 minutes.

Anyone got any idea where he was last night?

Why wasnt he on the bench? Same for Kelechi thinking about it.

No point having 2 strikers on the bench when we started with none - There's no scenario in which Pep would have gone from 0 strikers to 2.

Kompany's proclivity for getting injured immediately after returning to fitness probably ruled him out, can't be wasting substitutions in big games.

No point having 2 strikers on the bench when we started with none - There's no scenario in which Pep would have gone from 0 strikers to 2.

Kompany's proclivity for getting injured immediately after returning to fitness probably ruled him out, can't be wasting substitutions in big games.
Didn't make any sense having maffeo as sub ,not using him when zabba went off when Clichy is a natural right back and stones has played there too

Didn't make any sense having maffeo as sub ,not using him when zabba went off when Clichy is a natural right back and stones has played there too

He might well have used Maffeo if it was a simple case of Zabaleta getting injured.

We were a goal down and down to 10 men - hardly the ideal scenario for a youth player to arrive is it?

And who else would even go on the bench? Kompany isn't a viable option until he proves fitness long term and Iheanacho would have been completely pointless because as I said he wouldn't bring on 2 strikers.

He might well have used Maffeo if it was a simple case of Zabaleta getting injured.

We were a goal down and down to 10 men - hardly the ideal scenario for a youth player to arrive is it?

And who else would even go on the bench? Kompany isn't a viable option until he proves fitness long term and Iheanacho would have been completely pointless because as I said he wouldn't bring on 2 strikers.
It was never going to be a game for an untried youngster .when we had other options.
Yet kompany played Saturday and travelled and didnt make the 18 , odd

It was never going to be a game for an untried youngster .when we had other options.
Yet kompany played Saturday and travelled and didnt make the 18 , odd

He played for about 3 minutes for fuck sake, hardly enough to prove his fitness for Barcelona was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.