Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pep recognises Kompany's defending is a lot more important than his ability on the ball. Everyone acts like if you don't get 100% pass completion then Pep will just sell you. He knows our defence is as leaky as a sieve and that Kompany offers us more stability.That's why he's trying so hard to get him fit and playing regularly.

Couldn't be more wrong, otherwise joe hart would still have the jersey..

I think the whole squad could do without the Vinny side show right now, I certainly don't think he should be starting if he's not 100%, which clearly he isn't. I'd give him the last 20 minutes (where possible), and let him build his fitness up that way. As it is, there's going to be constant speculation as to whether he's got a future, and Pep fending off stupid media questions, which he already appears to be tiring of.
Makes more sense to bring him on where we know what point in the game we are at ,at present when he starts we are playing each game with only 2 substitutions possible

I think the whole squad could do without the Vinny side show right now, I certainly don't think he should be starting if he's not 100%, which clearly he isn't. I'd give him the last 20 minutes (where possible), and let him build his fitness up that way. As it is, there's going to be constant speculation as to whether he's got a future, and Pep fending off stupid media questions, which he already appears to be tiring of.

Do 20 min spells at CB build up match fitness? I'm no expert on the subject, but doesn't he need to push himself a bit more than that? If 45 mins was his safe limit on Wednesday, doesn't need to be extending that to 60 mins, 75 mins, on a fairly regular basis?

Do 20 min spells at CB build up match fitness? I'm no expert on the subject, but doesn't he need to push himself a bit more than that? If 45 mins was his safe limit on Wednesday, doesn't need to be extending that to 60 mins, 75 mins, on a fairly regular basis?
Well can't regularly be having a planned substitution on 60/75 minutes though as it means we only have 2 more subs left.
We would be in situations where we are losing and have kelechi on the bench and instead of bringing him on we would need to brink on Kolarov to play at centre half. Or we could have already made our 3 subs and be left with 10 men because kompany needs to come off.

Hopefully VK will be able to last the full 90 minutes soon. He's just being eased back gradually because he's been out for so long.

Well can't regularly be having a planned substitution on 60/75 minutes though as it means we only have 2 more subs left.
We would be in situations where we are losing and have kelechi on the bench and instead of bringing him on we would need to brink on Kolarov to play at centre half. Or we could have already made our 3 subs and be left with 10 men because kompany needs to come off.
Why do you say this??? I believe Pep wants us flexible to go from a defencive 4 to a 3 in games where we have to chase, you can bring Kompany off and put Kelechi on.

This is where we fall down as a club not playing recovering players in the reserve /eds teams other clubs still do it and we used to with the likes of tevez and Barry

Been called up for Belgium. Think Vinny needs to think long and hard about retiring from internationals now to try and prolong his career. Still on shaky ground for me regarding his fitness to add more unnecessary games.

Vincent Kompany receives Belgium call but boss Roberto Martinez has promised not to risk star | Daily Mail Online http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.