Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree, vinnie isn't someone who hoofs it out of play for the sake of it, he's a centre back who has always been comfortable bringing the ball out of defence. A few long passes went astray on Wednesday for varying reasons (some his fault some not so much) but I don't think Pep minds his centre backs trying long passes, kolarov seems to attempt them regularly and it looks like something they have planned. If a fully fit kompany can't fit into Pep's system then there's something wrong IMO.

Quite funny some of the characters on here writing off Kompany for a couple of Pogba style hoofs off the pitch.

Kolarov (mister technique) comes on & hits 40 yard diagonals straight to Luke Shaw & that's better, presumably, because the ball stayed on the pitch.

In the last match, Stones set the oppo up for their only worthwhile chance.

Yes folks, this is what Pep wants, whereas Vinny of course, kicked a couple off the pitch, which is far worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying that he cant play in the system. But he's very rusty and, now that we're how of the EFL cup in a relatively poor run, its going to be tricky to find the right sort of games to give him match practice, especially if he cant play 90mins.

Well even if he plays an hour at the moment that's an hour of a centre back twice as good as the other 2 we have. No brainer really as if he does finally overcome his injuries we'll have a much better chance of winning the league

Well even if he plays an hour at the moment that's an hour of a centre back twice as good as the other 2 we have. No brainer really as if he does finally overcome his injuries we'll have a much better chance of winning the league
+1

A fit Kompany is by far our best defender - and entirely suitable to Pep's style. I really feel sorry for Kompany - all those injuries. I hope that Kompany's injury woes are behind him and that he can start and become captain of our side on a regular basis. If this transpires, we're a much, much, better side and consequently will have a much better chance of winning the league and advancing far, if not winning, the UCL.

He is perfect for our system. A player with leadership, experience and good technique. Remember a player who can play in midfield. Strikes me that its Stones who should be looking at Kompany and learning when to play, and when to clear it.

He is indeed. The pairing of Kompers and Stones for some games can only benefit the club. Stones needs the experience of Kompany in his ear!

Totally agree, vinnie isn't someone who hoofs it out of play for the sake of it, he's a centre back who has always been comfortable bringing the ball out of defence. A few long passes went astray on Wednesday for varying reasons (some his fault some not so much) but I don't think Pep minds his centre backs trying long passes, kolarov seems to attempt them regularly and it looks like something they have planned. If a fully fit kompany can't fit into Pep's system then there's something wrong IMO.

Kolarov long balls are to switch play and give the wide player a 1v1. Kompany hoofs it anywhere like an oaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.