Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The look on his face when the 3rd sub was made and it wasn't him said it all.

Perhaps the original intention was for him to play 75/80 minutes and Pep made an "in game" decision as he thought that Komps was looking strong enough to go the distance

Did it though? What did it say? I've not seen it but if he broke down in tears and started stamping his feet then fair enough.

Since when did a player who has been out for months play a full 90 mins. Even to a layman it makes sense to bring him off at 60-70. Each time the board went up I expected Vinny to come off.
If this is another long term injury for the same reasons then Pep has assisted in his downfall. Downright foolhardy in my opinion.

Since when did a player who has been out for months play a full 90 mins. Even to a layman it makes sense to bring him off at 60-70. Each time the board went up I expected Vinny to come off.
If this is another long term injury for the same reasons then Pep has assisted in his downfall. Downright foolhardy in my opinion.

All coaches check with the player to see if they are doing ok and feeling ok to continue during a game as the player always know more about their own body than the coach. Clearly, Vinny has indicated to the medical & coaching staff that he was fine to continue. Else, no coach will waste a club's resource foolishly & get him injured for 3 months!

I also think it was daft to play Vinny for the full 90
Even I know that when a footballer has had a long injury lay off that other injuries are almost inevitable when the player returns to playing matches
Training and getting match fit is fine, but nothing can prepare for that extra bit when a player actually takes the field
The body is put under enormous strain for the first time in months and something is bound to give if a long term injured player comes back and plays for 90 in a competitive match.

If it were Aguero or Silva that had been out for six months, would either of those have been expected to play a full 90 on their return to the first team!

What would you have expected him to do out of interest?
Probably go down ,and let his team mates set up to Finish the game out that could of ended up going to extra time.
Totally understand how distraught he would be,but never seen a player just walk off like that before

What would you have expected him to do out of interest?

Whatever his reasons for leaving the pitch. As captain the very least you would expect is that he would communicate with the manager what was happening.
Maybe he did but it wasn't picked up.
I hope it is nothing career threathening for Vinny, but the body language last night wouldn't inspire confidence in his situation......whatever that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.