Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't very professional to walk off the pitch

No it wasn't and for all those asking what he should have done?

Go down, stop play and allow us to reorganise for the final minute/seconds of the game.

Love Vinny, who doesn't and hope its nothing serious but come on, its a professional game and as a professional he should do whats right for the team in that circumstance and then go off injured.

No one is saying play on or through the injury, no one.

All coaches check with the player to see if they are doing ok and feeling ok to continue during a game as the player always know more about their own body than the coach. Clearly, Vinny has indicated to the medical & coaching staff that he was fine to continue. Else, no coach will waste a club's resource foolishly & get him injured for 3 months!

Vinny had no warning of his previous two injuries. OK one second and f*cked the next. Common sense to bring him off early especially having his recent history.

Sometimes players need to be protected from themselves. Kompany sometimes gives more commitment than is good for his body.

It was very surprising he was left on for the entire match after so long out. Having said that if he had lunged like he did after 20 minutes would he have injured himself then? With hindsight taking him off after an hour would have seemed prudent.

Please stop talking BS about Kompany. With Hart gone I don't think there's any player in the squad (correct me if I'm wrong) with a bigger heart for City. Even if it looked a little bit strange for him to walk off the pitch like that, never doubt the goodness of his intentions.

Dont know if he is injured. If he is and just walked off that was crazy. He needs to go down and halt the game as much as possible. I can only imagine he was peed off at Pep for not taking him off... But no way does that excuse just walking off the pitch.

I dont know if Pep and Kompany had talked just before he came off and I expect that is what happened tbh, Kompany is a professional and always puts the club first.

No it wasn't and for all those asking what he should have done?

Go down, stop play and allow us to reorganise for the final minute/seconds of the game.

Love Vinny, who doesn't and hope its nothing serious but come on, its a professional game and as a professional he should do whats right for the team in that circumstance and then go off injured.

No one is saying play on or through the injury, no one.

To be fair to him, he probably burst into tears as soon as he got into the tunnel. He'll have been distraught, and probably didn't want to sit on the pitch blubbing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.