Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol on tangents. Anyway it's not that serious. I think the analogy is apt as I've explained. GD wasn't saying the 2 scenarios were the same. He was saying the emotionality of those who wanted Joe to stay for what he had achieved vs the practicality of those who wanted Ter Steegen/Bravo for how they would have fit in Pep's system showcases that there can be a divide in the opinions of true City fans without one side questioning the support of the other.

Similarly like then some might want Pep to give Komps all the time in the world while others might conclude that based on his history he simply can't stay fit and thus probably would never be trusted by Pep.

The analogy is about the opinions of fans, not the players themselves. Then I showed how both are analogous from a practical point. Inability to do what Pep wants. One because he lacks the required skills, and the other because he lacks the health.

Put it this way, if Bravo was always injured, he too wouldn't fit Pep's plans. Coz he'd lack one of the qualities required. Pre Seluk-gate, Yaya had both the skill and fitness to play for Pep. But lacks the intensity required.

In a sense all 3 players are analogous in that they lack one of the qualities that's fundamental to playing for Pep. Right skills, right intensity, and health. You need all 3 to be on the field it seems. And they all seem to lack one or the other.
Yeah, I think we got there eventually.

So this City Watch website now speaks for MCFC does it???!!! Go & be a disciple to Guardiola & let genuine City fans who've been here through thick & thin & thin again show their respect for our Club Captain!!! That's MANCHESTER CITY's Club Captain. Ok??

Karen7 I totally agree with you. We can show our respect & affection for Vinnie without these trolls & Johnny Come Lateley's.:-)

Rant over, I'm (hopefully) disappearing again.

Haha so I'm a Johnny Come Lateley because I joined the Bluemoon forum later than you. For all you know I might be a 50 year-old while you're a guy still in school telling me off. Never knew one's activity on Bluemoon was an accurate judge on how long you have supported the club. And no I haven't been following Pep around his whole career it's just a bloody username FFS.

As I said, this whole debate has turned emotional and has reduced to personal insults. I could have made my argument clearer if it wasn't for some trolls on here who turned things personal. Where are the mods around here?

Lol on tangents. Anyway it's not that serious. I think the analogy is apt as I've explained. GD wasn't saying the 2 scenarios were the same. He was saying the emotionality of those who wanted Joe to stay for what he had achieved vs the practicality of those who wanted Ter Steegen/Bravo for how they would have fit in Pep's system showcases that there can be a divide in the opinions of true City fans without one side questioning the support of the other.

Similarly like then some might want Pep to give Komps all the time in the world while others might conclude that based on his history he simply can't stay fit and thus probably would never be trusted by Pep.

The analogy is about the opinions of fans, not the players themselves. Then I showed how both are analogous from a practical point. Inability to do what Pep wants. One because he lacks the required skills, and the other because he lacks the health.

Put it this way, if Bravo was always injured, he too wouldn't fit Pep's plans. Coz he'd lack one of the qualities required. Pre Seluk-gate, Yaya had both the skill and fitness to play for Pep. But lacks the intensity required.

In a sense all 3 players are analogous in that they lack one of the qualities that's fundamental to playing for Pep. Right skills, right intensity, and health. You need all 3 to be on the field it seems. And they all seem to lack one or the other.

Haha good thing I stayed away for a while because you have summed up what I wanted to say. The way I see it, Pep is giving Kompany until January to prove his fitness. If Kompany is still frequently injured, however, I do not see Pep using his prior history at the club to keep him regardless of what some say. He may still stay at the club, but I think Pep will demand signing another center back.

But LOOK, things can change. We do not know how bad Kompany's injury is. Maybe it's just a blip and once he comes back he'll stay strong the whole season and prove himself to Pep. That's totally possible and is something everyone wants as it'll save the hassle of buying an expensive player, along with allowing us to keep Kompany as captain. But the way I see it is, if you don't perform for Pep, he isn't going to stick around for you.

For his first game back in 5 months, i thought he was terrific. I was gutted to see him go off and I really hope it was precautionary. Let's hope that he does get back because I would much rather he was part of our bright future, than bringing someone else in, especially if it was someone who would not only cost a fortune, but maybe past their prime.

We know why Pep didn't want Hart or Yaya. Lack of passing and mobility respectively.

What part of Kompany's performance isn't right for a Pep team?

I truly believe he wants him and am not questioning the 90 mins as odd as I feel it is. I appreciate starting him and not bringing him on at 60 mins but surprised he lasted the full game.

Cs_e5MqXgAEj5KB.jpg

I'm more of a jackal myself, I dont think its disrespectful to call into question whether our glorious captain is now fit for purpose. Unless you are an under cover rag, I think everyone wants him fit and back to his best, the evidence of the past couple of years means that is getting more and more unlikely. Here's hoping we see him defy all the amateur physiotherapists and doctors on here.
I don't think there's any problem with posters questioning whether his playing career could be coming to an end. I'm not referring to those posts. I'm talking about posters talking about our captain like he needs to be put down.

We know why Pep didn't want Hart or Yaya. Lack of passing and mobility respectively.

What part of Kompany's performance isn't right for a Pep team?

I truly believe he wants him and am not questioning the 90 mins as odd as I feel it is. I appreciate starting him and not bringing him on at 60 mins but surprised he lasted the full game.
Fitness?

@Guardiola's Disciple I apologise if you felt I was being personal. Not really my intention at all.:-) Just posting an opinion, sorry.

However, for all you know I might be 75 year old woman who has been watching City on and off for just over 60 years!! Whoops, so I am.......... :-) *lol*
Make you laugh these young un's don't they Sheila . Totally no clue about where we've come from. Good to see you on your return.

Make you laugh these young un's don't they Sheila . Totally no clue about where we've come from. Good to see you on your return.
To be fair, those in their mid 30's and early 40's managed to choose/be dragged into supporting City during our nadir and carried on whilst everyone else our age ended up Liverpool and United fans.

Those in their 50's were glory hunters following our great team of the late 60's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.