Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another hamstring injury is simply the last thing Vinny wanted. No-one seems to have the answer in how to overcome his injury problems, perhaps it is a problem that will simply never go away, I sincerely hope that this is not the case.

It's painfully clear that he is finished. He has tried 4 times now (I think) to take his injury like a man and "make sure I come back stronger than ever" and each time has sustained either a recurrence or a new injury embarrassingly quickly. It's not like he's getting one unfortunate new injury each season, he's not last 2 games on his return!

It's not fair on Pep or the other players to expect his place to be saved for if he ever finally gets fit, we need to replace him and move him into a position higher up. He's a model professional, intelligent, well spoken and a proper leader but unfortunately Vinny can't play anymore.

It's painfully clear that he is finished. He has tried 4 times now (I think) to take his injury like a man and "make sure I come back stronger than ever" and each time has sustained either a recurrence or a new injury embarrassingly quickly. It's not like he's getting one unfortunate new injury each season, he's not last 2 games on his return!

It's not fair on Pep or the other players to expect his place to be saved for if he ever finally gets fit, we need to replace him and move him into a position higher up. He's a model professional, intelligent, well spoken and a proper leader but unfortunately Vinny can't play anymore.

I genuinely fear the silence presages an announcement I really don't want to hear.

Yes I agree with this, it's not looking good.

To be fair, those in their mid 30's and early 40's managed to choose/be dragged into supporting City during our nadir and carried on whilst everyone else our age ended up Liverpool and United fans.

Those in their 50's were glory hunters following our great team of the late 60's.
And those of us over 60 were ALL at the Swindon game when you couldn't see the pitch through the crowd that day. Bloody glory hunters we were/are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.