Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know if the decision was ever taken to let Vinney go that he would sign for another team and play 40 games a season until he is 36 years.

He is that good id keep giving him time to recover and chances to prove his fitness until it comes to the stage that there is nothing going to prevent his injuries. I don't think we are at that stage yet.

To get a slight tweak on a different muscle after so long out is pretty normal I would have thought.
He hasn't played regularly for a long time - I would be more surprised if there weren't a few setbacks in his recovery.

If he doesn't play much this season that will be the end for him at city I believe and it will be shame, great player when fit, I am almost resigned to his fate but have a glimmer of hope. I am glad the decision is peps and not mine. I won't give players like hart,nasri and yaya a seconds thought when they are off our books but Vincent is on a different level.

Good luck to the lad we have our fingers crossed for you fella.

Since the beginning of last season:

Fit - 8 games, 704 minutes

INJURED 5 weeks

Fit - 6 games, 418 minutes

INJURED 7 weeks

Fit - 1 game, 9 minutes

INJURED 7 weeks

Fit - 7 games, 496 minutes

INJURED 5 weeks

Fit - 3 games, 189 minutes.

INJURED 20 weeks

Fit - 1 game, 90 minutes

That 1906 minutes on the pitch - the equivalent of 21 games - and 44 weeks out injured.

44 weeks injured out in the last 59 weeks.

I love Vinny, but I just don't know how he can keep doing this if he's really got another injury that will keep him out for a long time.

Still I hope they keep searching for a solution and they find one.

Starting to fear the worst as papers suggesting we are back in for Bonucci. Really hope Vinny can end his career at city leading the team out on to the pitch rather than from the stands.

I’d ignore the papers. The club are clearly waiting on the doctors to have a good look at the situation. However no news is probably bad news. If he was fine we would know by now.

To be fair, those in their mid 30's and early 40's managed to choose/be dragged into supporting City during our nadir and carried on whilst everyone else our age ended up Liverpool and United fans.

Those in their 50's were glory hunters following our great team of the late 60's.
I've been shit at glory hunting for fucking years....

First thing Kompany should do is retire from International Football imho, don't think Pep has the patience to have him nurtured back to fitness only for him to go to Belgium matches as soon as he is halfway fit.

To be fair, those in their mid 30's and early 40's managed to choose/be dragged into supporting City during our nadir and carried on whilst everyone else our age ended up Liverpool and United fans.

Those in their 50's were glory hunters following our great team of the late 60's.

We are the real hardcore, fuck these glory fans and JCLs ;-p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.