Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on Twitter spoke to him at the women's game yesterday, and said Kompany told him it was "nothing serious".

It's strange we get update about Kevin and nothing yet on Vincent. I hope its not another player vs Pep clash, Vinny is the best defender by great margin when in his best form.

Someone on Twitter spoke to him at the women's game yesterday, and said Kompany told him it was "nothing serious".

FIngers crossed

As a side-point I wonder if anything happened in the dressing room after the swansea game? Can't imagine Pep being happy with Vinnie walking off the pitch seemingly without confrontation, and I imagine VInnie wasn't happy at playing a full game and getting injured after Pep said he couldn't do a full game a few days before

FIngers crossed

As a side-point I wonder if anything happened in the dressing room after the swansea game? Can't imagine Pep being happy with Vinnie walking off the pitch seemingly without confrontation, and I imagine VInnie wasn't happy at playing a full game and getting injured after Pep said he couldn't do a full game a few days before

Yeah, I'm not entirely convinced all is well between Guardiola and Kompany. Just a hunch though, hopefully I'm wrong.

Wont be surprised if there is friction. Pep takes injuries, healing process, recovery very very seriously. I can only imagine Vinny was too enthusiastic to start playing & when he did, was keen to play the full 90. Dont think Pep would hv been happy with that. I have NEVER seen Pep play a player for the full 90 in their first game back after injury in his 8 years of coaching. I think he listened to the player in this instance during the 90 mins and the signal was that he was ok to play. Given his over-enthusiasm and experience, probably Pep made a mistake listening to Vinny this one time? Maybe. Maybe not.

My hunch is that Vinny did an Alexis - too eager, too anxious, too enthusiastic, too soon? And Vinny walking off straight w/o even informing the medical or coaching staff is disturbing, I can only speculate that probably Vinny was feeling guilty for having played the full 90 & cross with himself?

These communication frictions can certainly happen with players esp when players think they are ready & feel hard done by if the coach doesnt play them. And Pep goes only by the word of the medical staff as a general rule, and not the player esp in cases of players with seemingly chronic injury problems like Vinny. Its never ideal.

At the end of the day though, we can understand vinny's over-enthusiasm. And also, the club's need to be patient with him. Ultimately we want Vinny playin as many games as possible to the club's benefit. No point rushing him and him ending up not playing even 20% of the minutes. And being a captain & true blue, I hope Vinny understands that being on the injury table every month is costly for the club.

Yeah, I'm not entirely convinced all is well between Guardiola and Kompany. Just a hunch though, hopefully I'm wrong.
I agree with you never see him interviewed never in promotional stuff,get the feeling pep thinks he had too much power along with hart,nasri and yaya

This was an injury sustained because he overstretched attempting to block a shot on goal something he does often and sometimes his muscles give in when he does this.

We have seen it happen to him often in the past sometimes it happens in the first few minutes of the games and this time it happened during injury time in the second half.

We don't need to read more into his situation that this.

The best solution to his injury riddle is to change the way he plays the game.

34 muscle injuries at the club which have meant he is unavailable for over 4 weeks each time it happens to him simply means he has to change the way he plays which might mean compromise in the tackle and blocking shots.

Simply put he has to understand the limitations of his body if he is to be a meaningful contributor to club and country in the future.

If not there will be far more shots of him dressed in his label than in city gear on match days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.