Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Stuff. I haven't seen it often, but the few times i do, i'm always surprised at people telling it's time to trade him. Not only do you want a guy like that in your squad as long as he maintains current level of play. I also don't see Vincent Kompany playing for another club. I might be naive in thinking this, but i genuinely believe that the moment City tells him he's no longer good enough to play for them, is the same moment he'll retire. Great league win. As for Kompany personally, here's to hoping he'll stay fit and have a good world cup as well.

Can I use this forum to apologise and eat humble pie regarding a comment I made earlier this season regarding VK.

I basically said whilst it was sad to say but he was past it and needed putting out to grass asap....

I now realise I don’t have a clue what I’m talking about - and Vincent please accept my apologies.

You sir are everything I want in my club captain. Long may you reign

Here’s to you Vincent Kompany

Probably the most influential player this club has ever had, off the pitch as much as on.

I don't think any player is more deserving of being a title winning captain than Vinny, he epitomises our winning attitude, the team spirit and for him personally, the way he keeps coming back strong from so many injuries is fucking amazing. A proper leader, and one I hope we keep at the club as long as possible.

Can I use this forum to apologise and eat humble pie regarding a comment I made earlier this season regarding VK.

I basically said whilst it was sad to say but he was past it and needed putting out to grass asap....

I now realise I don’t have a clue what I’m talking about - and Vincent please accept my apologies.

You sir are everything I want in my club captain. Long may you reign

Here’s to you Vincent Kompany

You don't need to backtrack. You are probably right and singing in the pub with blues doesn't change it sadly. All that shows is what we knew already that he is a top class guy on and off the pitch and really is one of us. He is certainly worth keeping but not being as reliant on him as we have found ourselves. Will be great watching him lift the trophy again.

One of life's biggest injustices is that we let Tevez lift our first trophy for a long time instead of the REAL captain

I find myself constantly in the position of defending our players against the emotional overreactions of our fans... Strangely, there used to be 3 players I didn't have to worry about defending: Silva, Dihno and Kompany. The positive opinions about these 3 were so strong that even when they had poor games, many would rather blame others.

But it seems this last 2 games really hit our fans hard. Coz it seems Silva is the only one left these days. Everyone else seems to be getting the "Otamendi' treatment -

I.e: When good, fans claim "'they we're good today."
But when they have a poor game fans say 'they are not good enough anymore - or in Ota's case ' never good enough to start with''

Stranger days :(

Between the Everton game and the full-time from last night these threads have flip-flopped more aggressively than the Conte in/out stories from mid-season. Realistically there's nothing different about our players in terms of abilities than there was a month ago. It's just we had three very tough games and found ourselves on the wrong side of some very fine lines. Liverpool just have a way of exploiting our weaknesses, in the same way we do to Tottenham and Tottenham do to Liverpool. The United loss came from us having a tired, weakened side that lacked the mentality to prevent a collapse.

But you and I know that's a more logical way of looking at things. Things go wrong sometimes and sometimes it goes wrong at the worst times. But there are a lot of fans who are hugely emotionally invested in these things, at the expense of logic. Which they're perfectly entitled to be by the way. But combine that with the human instinct to react more to negative things and you get overreactions. The person I was watching the Everton game flipped out when we conceded, despite literally everything that was going on that game. So that explains things like the past two weeks on this forum (It's the same on any forum - except RAWK where I believe they lock threads when people get upset). When we lose, especially in a big game, it's literally the end of the world for some. You've got fans on here who live for City and nothing else and it hurts them so much when it goes wrong. I used to be the same once upon a time. And when people get upset they like to vent somewhere, which is what this forum is great for.

So anyway, my point. I don't think most posters truly believe what they post after a bad loss sometimes (Some do, but they're the ones who make the same points throughout the season win, lose or draw e.g some of the Gundogan critics). They'll criticize a player and say they're rubbish after one bad game, despite the 40-50 excellent games they've had this season suggesting they're more than competent (Notably Otamendi). It's a bit like when you're drunk, you just say whatever you're thinking at the time. So that's why I tend to lurk and not post when we lose. I can't be bothered defending players because I don't think people want to have their minds changed; they just want to express their feelings and this is a good way for them to do it.

You can see now that the dust has settled and we've got good news people have calmed down. We've gone from being brilliant, to being found out, to being great again. All is well. I think you're brave for fighting the battles, but I just don't see the point. These threads have been frustrating to read, but it's nice to see that when all is said and done people can see the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.