Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between the Everton game and the full-time from last night these threads have flip-flopped more aggressively than the Conte in/out stories from mid-season. Realistically there's nothing different about our players in terms of abilities than there was a month ago. It's just we had three very tough games and found ourselves on the wrong side of some very fine lines. Liverpool just have a way of exploiting our weaknesses, in the same way we do to Tottenham and Tottenham do to Liverpool. The United loss came from us having a tired, weakened side that lacked the mentality to prevent a collapse.

But you and I know that's a more logical way of looking at things. Things go wrong sometimes and sometimes it goes wrong at the worst times. But there are a lot of fans who are hugely emotionally invested in these things, at the expense of logic. Which they're perfectly entitled to be by the way. But combine that with the human instinct to react more to negative things and you get overreactions. The person I was watching the Everton game flipped out when we conceded, despite literally everything that was going on that game. So that explains things like the past two weeks on this forum (It's the same on any forum - except RAWK where I believe they lock threads when people get upset). When we lose, especially in a big game, it's literally the end of the world for some. You've got fans on here who live for City and nothing else and it hurts them so much when it goes wrong. I used to be the same once upon a time. And when people get upset they like to vent somewhere, which is what this forum is great for.

So anyway, my point. I don't think most posters truly believe what they post after a bad loss sometimes (Some do, but they're the ones who make the same points throughout the season win, lose or draw e.g some of the Gundogan critics). They'll criticize a player and say they're rubbish after one bad game, despite the 40-50 excellent games they've had this season suggesting they're more than competent (Notably Otamendi). It's a bit like when you're drunk, you just say whatever you're thinking at the time. So that's why I tend to lurk and not post when we lose. I can't be bothered defending players because I don't think people want to have their minds changed; they just want to express their feelings and this is a good way for them to do it.

You can see now that the dust has settled and we've got good news people have calmed down. We've gone from being brilliant, to being found out, to being great again. All is well. I think you're brave for fighting the battles, but I just don't see the point. These threads have been frustrating to read, but it's nice to see that when all is said and done people can see the light.
great post !!!

Sorry to say I thought he was on his way out with injuries and seemingly being on the outer.to see him ou5 celebrating with the fans and Kyle Walker and Co shows what a class act he is.city thru and thru.i hope he plays as long as he wants to and is treated like the legend he is.

Is he sadly fucked again?

There is a post on here suggesting 'Medical Problems'.

I was hoping we were resting him so he could coast through the Udders game then lift the trophy.

Is he sadly fucked again?

There is a post on here suggesting 'Medical Problems'.

I was hoping we were resting him so he could coast through the Udders game then lift the trophy.
One would have thought he would have at least been on the bench with no other CB cover, so its hard to know. I was hoping, like you, that he was merely being rotated, because he was a cert to start the Huddersfield game due to trophy presentation!

Fingers crossed.

Let's hope it's not a serious injury. Since Vinny came back, apart from the Dippers games I think the defence has looked more solid.

He brings leadership and it is obvious all the squad respect him and whilst he will never play a full season again he can definitely contribute next year and keep lifting those trophies again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.