Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest will give him time to get fit for City.
Normally when he plays for Belgium it is City who suffer.
Belguim have played him in the past in nonsense games and we have paid the price. If he misses this world cup he should retire from international football and try to stay fit for City.
I don't give a flying about International football anyway.

‘Waste of time’ who played in 17 of our 38 league games (45%), and was commanding and excellent in the vast majority of those fixtures. The best captain, leader and ambassador this club has had in years. Injured way more than any of us would like, but if anyone ever deserved to be cut some slack, Vincent Kompany is the man.

From City's perspective I have no doubt that KAM will ensure Vinnie continues to be cut that slack.

I hope for Vinnie's sake that he's not torn something and can play a part for Belgium in Russia: he deserves that opportunity.

Really hope Kompany will play a part for Belgium in the WC. The man deserves it. I rather like to think selfish and want him fit for City. But he has proven his worth over so many years for us I just like to think what he wants and I’m sure he wants to be part of Belgium. Everybody on here should want to wish that for him. Really hope he will be ok. As for us, we can do without Kompany. And it’s time we need to realise that. Pep already has imo.

How any City fan can criticise Vinny is beyond me, he is a legend.

He is without doubt the best cb we have had in the PL. Yes he has been injury prone, but he has given us everything and does not deserve any stick whatsoever.

Have to second this point. The man is a total class act, a brilliant ambassador for our club and a superb centre half. I really feel for him.

Really hope Kompany will play a part for Belgium in the WC. The man deserves it. I rather like to think selfish and want him fit for City. But he has proven his worth over so many years for us I just like to think what he wants and I’m sure he wants to be part of Belgium. Everybody on here should want to wish that for him. Really hope he will be ok. As for us, we can do without Kompany. And it’s time we need to realise that. Pep already has imo.

Not convinced Pep has actually. When Vinny came back into the side in Feb (after injury), he was then pretty much first choice right up until the last couple of games of the season. He gave us a physicality and authority we'd perhaps lacked (despite results) and I think Pep recognised that. As ever though I haven't checked my facts and figures and I should acknowledge that Stones was injured for some of that period.

Not convinced Pep has actually. When Vinny came back into the side in Feb (after injury), he was then pretty much first choice right up until the last couple of games of the season. He gave us a physicality and authority we'd perhaps lacked (despite results) and I think Pep recognised that. As ever though I haven't checked my facts and figures and I should acknowledge that Stones was injured for some of that period.

Kompany started 16 of the 38 league games last season, playing 8 games out of 14 in the spring, with a 6 game run of consecutive appearances; Stones was injured for the last 3 of those 6 games. Kompany's comeback coincided with Laporte's arrival, who by comparison started 9 league games in that period. Otamendi started 11 of the last 14 league games.

Off to get a life. :-)

Kompany started 16 of the 38 league games last season, playing 8 games out of 14 in the spring, with a 6 game run of consecutive appearances; Stones was injured for the last 3 of those 6 games. Kompany's comeback coincided with Laporte's arrival, who by comparison started 9 league games in that period. Otamendi started 11 of the last 14 league games.

Off to get a life. :-)

From when Kompany returned from injury, which was at Cardiff in the cup, he played in 12 of our remaining 21 fixtures. Laporte also played in 12, but one of those was as an emergency left back and one was a dead rubber at home to Basel, so you could argue 10 for him. Otters was top with 15, whilst Stones only played 4 times in total. What was noticeable was that in the big fixtures - Basel (a), Arse CC final, Arse (a), Chelsea (h), dippers CL (a), rags (h), dippers CL (h), Spurs (a), Vinnie and Otamendi were the preferred pairing 5 times out of 8, with Otamendi appearing in the most (7 out of 8), then VK (6 out of 8) and then Laporte (5 out of 8). Stones didn't appear at all in any of those games

I'm sick of loads of our players getting injured on International duty when not playing club football, where our medical staff are in charge of them and are on a different level these days.

It's like they don't give a shit.....which I don't think they do. After all it's not their player and they don't have to pay their wages whilst injured.

Get well soon Vinny!!!!

He's made the Belgian squad anyway. Hmm. I'm happy for him as he seems to cherish playing for his country. But if he's not 100% fit, I'd rather he spent the summer resting up.

Hopefully the injury isn’t too serious if he’s been named in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.