Vincent Kompany - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has been incredibly positive & complimentary about Vinny.

Guardiola said: “It’s not easy. That is incredible. He is the only guy I’ve met in my career who doesn’t train for two months then after one-and-half-sessions can play 90 minutes at a high level.”

His passing and breaking of lines has improved immeasurably. Same defensive qualities but now he takes so much responsibility starting attacks. Stones and laporte are my first choice these days, but fuck if I'm not conflicted. He adores city and more importantly Manchester, and as the best defender at the club when pep came in he could have not bothered learning. But the humility he has shown to change his game and embrace peps philosophy...

Give him a life time contract to fulfill whatever role he wants. The number of times I've thought the injuries had done him in, he's fit for key games and sounding off in an interview a like a born and bred Manc.

If he told me to, I'd fucking murder someone.

Met his match physically today with Troy Deeney. Got bullied and then resorted to gripping him instead.

Vinny lives fir the physical battle but a fresh Deeney was a bit much for him.

Still.... What a captain and what a man. Get that contract sorted City

Met his match physically today with Troy Deeney. Got bullied and then resorted to gripping him instead.

Vinny lives fir the physical battle but a fresh Deeney was a bit much for him.

Still.... What a captain and what a man. Get that contract sorted City

Hardly, Deeney had the run on him to win the header for the goal. Anyone can lose a header or 2!

Hardly, Deeney had the run on him to win the header for the goal. Anyone can lose a header or 2!

Deeney was a real handful for Vinny I thought.
Otamendi wasn’t much help though either. He reverted to shaky in the last 15 mins giving away that stupid free kick and generally just making hard work of everything. Watford’s long ball caused us a few problems.

Deeney was a real handful for Vinny I thought.
Otamendi wasn’t much help though either. He reverted to shaky in the last 15 mins giving away that stupid free kick and generally just making hard work of everything. Watford’s long ball caused us a few problems.

He was great 'til Deeny came on, then he played like he'd never marked a cf before, absolutely fucking hopeless. Otamendi & Znchenko were also useless at that stage.

Surprised at Vinny though, went to pieces. Luckily, we are fucking good, going forward & had ten more goals in us if needed.

Clearly he is past his best but still has things to offer. Surprised he didnt get injured since Laporte and Stones is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.