Vincent Kompany - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard he's got a one-year extension on the table from us, a two-year contract in the States and a potential two-year contract at Barcelona that he's leaning towards. Wants to challenge himself playing in Spain. Also considering America as a serious option, knows he could play there for another 5 years. Also knows that he has a role here whenever he wants it, club happy for him to do what he wants but Pep desperately wants him to stay. If he goes to Barca we'll sign de Ligt whatever the cost, hence no left back.

Also heard that Dave might call it a day and go to Japan, hence Fernandes and Felix...

Hope it's all bollocks and he signs a new deal with us but what a way to go out!

I can confirm 90% of that is utter tosh....

I watched the pitch parade again and I genuinely think Vinny was just emotional over that game. Can you image the pressure they felt as players and then for him to score the winner in such an emphatic manner released all the pressure. He still has a lot to offer as a player and without him I don't think we would have managed these last few games as well.

Hello guys, congrats on the next title!

Just wanted to let you guys know there is a huge rumour going around in Belgium now of Kompany returning to his childhood club Anderlecht. The club itself in it's worst crisis in decades and the rumour has it in exchange for a partial ownership of the club he'd be willing to lower his ambitions player wise and also have a clean build up to the Euro's.

No source just people losing their mind a bit :D

Hello guys, congrats on the next title!

Just wanted to let you guys know there is a huge rumour going around in Belgium now of Kompany returning to his childhood club Anderlecht. The club itself in it's worst crisis in decades and the rumour has it in exchange for a partial ownership of the club he'd be willing to lower his ambitions player wise and also have a clean build up to the Euro's.

No source just people losing their mind a bit :D

It would make sense, but I hope it's not true.

Welcome to the forum.

A future manager of our fantastic club. He will have learned a lot from Pep the master. A true role model for the youngsters.

I very much doubt he's leaving even if he retires. Even if he changes club it'll just be a detour on his way back to City.

Same thing that happened with Zabba - I think the ball is firmly in Vinny's court, he confirmed last night that he doesn't want to retire and still believes he has a couple of years left at a decent level. City probably want him to sign a 1 year extension like last year when his weekly pay reduced by 30k. Two real thoughts on this -

1. If he wants to stay as a player he will have to accept a reduced role and he must know he will be offered the chance to return probably as a coach when he does retire, which all comes into his thought process. Either way the club and the fans win.

2. The key is constant evolvement and using the experienced players to set examples as younger players step up. Bernardo, Kev and Sterling are the next in line to lead the squad - they have the right attitude both on and off the pitch. Vinny, David, Pablo and Sergio (hopefully not leaving for another 2 years) are prime examples of this and will always have an open door at the club, richly deserved - it's just a case of picking the right moment to let them move on - For me Pep and his team seem fully in control of this. I doubt they will let emotion trump winning and having the best team grow and grow.

Don't you just love our club.

I wrote him off a year ago if im honest but he seems to have resolved some of his injury issues, come back into form and has been vital for these recent games.

Think he deserves another 2 years now.

I too think he's leaving. I think Silva may go too and we'll get a chance to say goodbye at Vinny's testimonial.

Vinny definitely deserves a statue!

Same thing that happened with Zabba - I think the ball is firmly in Vinny's court, he confirmed last night that he doesn't want to retire and still believes he has a couple of years left at a decent level. City probably want him to sign a 1 year extension like last year when his weekly pay reduced by 30k. Two real thoughts on this -

1. If he wants to stay as a player he will have to accept a reduced role and he must know he will be offered the chance to return probably as a coach when he does retire, which all comes into his thought process. Either way the club and the fans win.

2. The key is constant evolvement and using the experienced players to set examples as younger players step up. Bernardo, Kev and Sterling are the next in line to lead the squad - they have the right attitude both on and off the pitch. Vinny, David, Pablo and Sergio (hopefully not leaving for another 2 years) are prime examples of this and will always have an open door at the club, richly deserved - it's just a case of picking the right moment to let them move on - For me Pep and his team seem fully in control of this. I doubt they will let emotion trump winning and having the best team grow and grow.

Don't you just love our club.
It's almost like we have a plan ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.