Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

That depends on Kompany itself, if he succeed then he proves every of his doubter wrong, if he fails then he will just become another failure of top player in the past trying to become manager in top level.
I think that is a very simplistic way of assessing his potential.

I don’t think failing at Bayern, given their current state, would be an indication he could never be a top manager.

I think the essence is more on why Bayern are looking to appoint a manager who had a sketchy time at Anderlecht, promoting a second tier club then relegating them after a very poor season

Would we do that? No. If you take away your feelings for Kompany out of it, it is nothing more than a hilarious appointment from their side, and one that the guy simply cannot believe is happening.

I think that is a very simplistic way of assessing his potential.

I don’t think failing at Bayern, given their current state, would be an indication he could never be a top manager.

It's your opinion but other top club will never touch him again if he fails at Bayern.

Kompany is not yet achieving the credibility of Ancelotti already achieving multiple succeed in various club in the past that he still get the Madrid job despite his previous failure managing Everton.

He backs himself - the very best do. If he can be successful only time will tell. He played for Hamburg donkeys ago so he will know a bit about German football. I know it's not quite the same but Zidane had no managerial experience before he won champions leagues with Madrid.

What's he going to learn at Burnley that he can't learn at Bayern? It's risky from them but I don't think he'll be intimidated by the challenge and there is a big upside if he does well. I think when you compare him to characters like Lampard, Rooney and Gerrard he's obviously levels above them. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on if he does end up there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.