Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

If it was up to me, he’d have to do it the right way. If he’s successful there then he’s done just that. So far he’s done nothing worthy of our top job and you can put a thousand pair of blue specs on, but that’s the reality.

Bayern have chosen to do what top clubs don’t do. That’s their risk. For Kompany it’s a one in a lifetime chance to see if he can do it.
It's a good job that Vinny doesn't think that way.
He is obviously confident in his ability to do the job or he wouldn't have taken it on.

What's the general consensus of opinion from Bayern fans on the appointment?
I do not think there is a general consensus by the fans. Too much turmoil in the recent 4 years not really going into a straight direction. And the media does not help it either. The old guys that had withdrawn and given over their reign to Kahn and Brazzo - and who came back after that did not work and right now try to get out again...

I actually think that all of you can guess what the arguments against Kompany are like. Somewhat 7th choice, no German, no experience etc. - one fan preferred Nagelsmann, the other Tuchel, some wanted Flick back...

Apart from Flick who did in my eyes wonders in the short time without normal preparation times both Nagelsmann and Tuchel for me were somewhat failures. I want to get back to a more Pep like play again - more system, more team, less hero football. Better positioning, better pressing. We have a good team (ok, another midfield might be a problem - we do not need b2b-players) and good individuals - but you enhance them with a good system.

-------------

I doubt the Fernandez story. We have Musiala and other options on that position that aren't worse. And the rumours come from the agent and portuguese media...

Well thank god Barcelona didn’t do it the right way in 2008 and gave a young man a chance to succeed with his bright ideas.

Pep was already coaching the Barca B team and working miracles with them. It was nowhere near as left field as this. I do think Vinny can do well though, Leverkusen will inevitably get some players pinched and have CL to deal with and Bayern have a top squad still.

This is going to be a severe test of Vinny's man management skills along with tactical acumen. He hasn't succeeded at Burnley in the Premier League despite Everton's and Nottingham Forest's points deductions.

It's a good job that Vinny doesn't think that way.
He is obviously confident in his ability to do the job or he wouldn't have taken it on.
I have said more than a few times now it’s not Kompany I’m questioning, it’s Bayern. It’s done now so let’s see how it goes.

Rumours of Zinchenko being linked with Bayern. I guess he's a player that Vinnie knows the capabilities of. Is he the standard of player that Bayern would have been interested in, say, 3 or 4 years ago?

This is so lose-lose for Vinnie, in English media at least. If he succeeds there will be 'It is Bayern, all those resources and players and Leverkusen players being poached, what did you expect?". If he bombs it will be "It is Kompany, he relegated Burnley, what did you expect?". Joker for added derision, in some way associated to Pep, English media already mad so many managers around connected to him.

Whilst he was nowhere near their first choice, Bayern Munich would’ve still had to go through due diligence in order to appoint him. As fans, we don’t see everything.

Pep was already coaching the Barca B team and working miracles with them. It was nowhere near as left field as this. I do think Vinny can do well though, Leverkusen will inevitably get some players pinched and have CL to deal with and Bayern have a top squad still.
But he did a cracking job at both Anderlecht and Burnley.

Anderlecht finished 8th in the season, before Vinnie took over. They were 4th and 3rd in his two years with the club, then 11th the season after he left.

He rebuilt a Burnley squad that had lost most of its members, brought in bargains and loan signings, and won the Football League, playing a wonderful style that garnered a record points haul.

Vincent is his own man, and I’m convinced that his single-mindedness and winning mentality will see him succeed at Bayern, which will cause a huge dilemma for me, as I want him to do brilliantly, but not the team he is in charge of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.