Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

I really hope he does well, back to back league titles.

Eventually he can take over the City job.
And that would be how it should be done, not relegating Burnley and getting our top job. But that’s not how we operate.

All being well, if he is successful there, he follows Pep’s path of leaving Bayern to manage City.

For me he is somewhat ideal - the only disadvantage is the lack of experience.

His German is excellent - not mother tongue but not too far away and fluent on a high level when he gets used to it again - even if he today did not do most of the press conference in German. His mother tongues are french and dutch and he learned English and German in school.

The way he wants to play and stands for is that what I want to see. A very good positional play, good pressing, attacking football, triangles etc.

Rummenigge and Hoeneß talked with Pep before giving their oks...
What's the general consensus of opinion from Bayern fans on the appointment?

And that would be how it should be done, not relegating Burnley and getting our top job. But that’s not how we operate.

All being well, if he is successful there, he follows Pep’s path of leaving Bayern to manage City.
If it was up to you, he would never get the chance to prove himself worthy of our job.

If it was up to you, he would never get the chance to prove himself worthy of our job.
If it was up to me, he’d have to do it the right way. If he’s successful there then he’s done just that. So far he’s done nothing worthy of our top job and you can put a thousand pair of blue specs on, but that’s the reality.

Bayern have chosen to do what top clubs don’t do. That’s their risk. For Kompany it’s a one in a lifetime chance to see if he can do it.

If it was up to me, he’d have to do it the right way. If he’s successful there then he’s done just that. So far he’s done nothing worthy of our top job and you can put a thousand pair of blue specs on, but that’s the reality.

Bayern have chosen to do what top clubs don’t do. That’s their risk. For Kompany it’s a one in a lifetime chance to see if he can do it.
Well thank god Barcelona didn’t do it the right way in 2008 and gave a young man a chance to succeed with his bright ideas.

Except you've been saying that about the *Bayern* job the whole time. Now Bayern is becoming the proving ground, it's a bit of a case of moving the goalposts.

Nobody has suggested he's proved himself for City already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.