Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

Good job, very good is a stretch. Take the name aside, when Pep leaves would you be happy appointing a manager with nothing on their cv, just one promotion which was immediately followed by a convincing relegation. If you think he was qualified for the Bayern job then so be it. He wasn't though.
Burnley got 100 pts , first time in the championship ever

Burnley got 100 pts , first time in the championship ever
A manager could win all 48 games in the championship. If they follow that up with an absolutely pathetic attempt at staying in the prem then you judge the manager at the higher level, certainly when being linked to one of the biggest jobs in football. It's like Keegan being linked with Real Madrid after us, only king kev kept us up that next season and then some. Don't need to cover old ground but simply, Komps was not qualified for a job of that size, based on his managerial career. I hope more than anyone he succeeds though.

A manager could win all 48 games in the championship. If they follow that up with an absolutely pathetic attempt at staying in the prem then you judge the manager at the higher level, certainly when being linked to one of the biggest jobs in football. It's like Keegan being linked with Real Madrid after us, only king kev kept us up that next season and then some. Don't need to cover old ground but simply, Komps was not qualified for a job of that size, based on his managerial career. I hope more than anyone he succeeds though.

Using that metric there is only one manager in the premier league who has won the premier league and that's Pep, that means 19 managers have failed.

Rummenigge told that prior to choosing Vincent as coach the current management asked Rummenigge to talk to Pep for advise and he talked 2 hours with Pep who told that Kompany would be the best fit for Bayern.
What qualifications/ qualities are needed apart from talent ??

I think wires have been crossed a tad. No issue with him backing himself (his response the other night I found odd) No issues with him taking the job, considering his CV he rightly snatched their hand off. My only point was him not being deserving of it yet, even though I hope he has a successful managerial career. I don't like how ex players get jobs beyond their credentials that's all.
Pep got the Barcelona job with no credentials, he took it with both hands and the rest is history. It's the same with Vinny, he's got the chance and needs to take it. Every manager gets a chance somewhere, some take the opportunity and the others fall by the wayside.

Pep got the Barcelona job with no credentials, he took it with both hands and the rest is history. It's the same with Vinny, he's got the chance and needs to take it. Every manager gets a chance somewhere, some take the opportunity and the others fall by the wayside.
Spot on and I should add Vinnie’s relegation season was probably more valuable to him as a individual and as a manager in his development learnt lessons which the so called elite managers never have. On a different level I know but Pep probably learnt more in the two seasons he “failed” (lol) to win the PL

Spot on and I should add Vinnie’s relegation season was probably more valuable to him as a individual and as a manager in his development learnt lessons which the so called elite managers never have. On a different level I know but Pep probably learnt more in the two seasons he “failed” (lol) to win the PL

All Great Managers need some luck early in their careers, Also it helps that another great manager recommends you for a Job, the links to him help and open doors to players,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.