Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinny should really look at what he wants to do, always getting injured on international duty

His body simply cannot cope with domestic football, never mind throwing in the extra trauma of an international career. He's had injury after injury and If he's not careful he's going to end up playing no football. Like you say he needs to make a decision on where his career is going, which realistically is to retire from international duty.

He isn't going to retire from international football until after the world cup at the earliest. If fit he is going to want to go there with Belgium. The thing for us now is he doesn't need to play 3 games a week for us to compete on all fronts. We can pick and choose games and rest Stones and Otamendi. There is no way I would disrupt them 2 at the back currently. They have been immense over the last few months and I've not been Otamendi's biggest fan but it is impossible for both to play every game in the PL and CL until the end of the season. Mangala isn't the answer so we need VK fit, willing and able.

As far as I'm concerned Ottamendi deserves to be an automatic pick to partner Stones, Kompany's role should be reduced to providing back up and filling in for injuries/suspensions, since he can't be relied on to stay fit anymore.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is his last season at the club, because I think Guardiola has given him enough chances to be starter, but his injury record is a huge black mark against him in Guardiola's eyes I suspect. We need a reliable back up centre half, if we are serious about maintaining title challenges year in and year out.

Don't see how Pep can change this defense for first choice at moment. Sure he might rotate a little but hopefully not the center backs. I expect when he does return he will be limited to the bench for a while until needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.