Vincent Kompany testimonial

And?

Player at new club says his old team is really good but new team is better.

My piss is boiling

They usually don't, when they have played in double title winning teams. They usually have more respect, but he decided to cosy up to the cult & drop us.

So we dropped him. Fuck him.

You asked for a detail. There it is. If you want to continue liking him, who cares.

You asked why people don't, you've got your answer.

Only in football when someone signs a five year contract and stays for five years and gets dogs abuse for it.

The hatred of Milner is just plain weird, some need to get a life.
It’s weird the way many of our fans act towards Milner.

Similarly with Distin and Sturridge.

Like you say, Milner signed his contract and played well for the length of it and moved on. We might have missed out on about £15m with him not telling us he’d liked to have moved earlier. But when we spunked tens of millions on the likes of Mangala Rodwell SantaCruz etc. I don’t think it’s really an issue.

Distin was excellent for us. In a mid table side he struck up a partnership with Dunne with James behind them where we had the fifth best defence in the league. But he left for a club challenging for trophies and Europe... yet we boo’d him when he came back to play against us!

Sturridge was being overlooked by Hughes for Ched Evans when we were a mid table side and had a chance to go and play for a title winning and Champions League regular side... yet we boo’d him!

Booing Milner is literally just a bit of bitter unneeded “payback” with the way Liverpool acted with Sterling. If the Sterling treatment never happened, we’d all still think of Milner fondly. Yeah he celebrated against us, but so did Dickov for Leicester and hardly anyone gave a shit then.

Real shame Kompany couldn't play in his own testimonial. Absolute unit of a defender in his prime.

Do you lot think he will go down in PL history in the same bracket as Terry, Ferdinand etc?

What evidence is there for his zero respect?

And to criticise a player for 'running down his contract' is frankly bizarre. He signed a contract, honoured it, then signed a contract with another club. He never agitated for a move (like Sterling), just did his job.

He didn’t. He led us on a merry dance and then slagged us off after leaving.

Real shame Kompany couldn't play in his own testimonial. Absolute unit of a defender in his prime.

Do you lot think he will go down in PL history in the same bracket as Terry, Ferdinand etc?
Your hook is showing through the bait lol

It’s weird the way many of our fans act towards Milner.

Similarly with Distin and Sturridge.

Like you say, Milner signed his contract and played well for the length of it and moved on. We might have missed out on about £15m with him not telling us he’d liked to have moved earlier. But when we spunked tens of millions on the likes of Mangala Rodwell SantaCruz etc. I don’t think it’s really an issue.

Distin was excellent for us. In a mid table side he struck up a partnership with Dunne with James behind them where we had the fifth best defence in the league. But he left for a club challenging for trophies and Europe... yet we boo’d him when he came back to play against us!

Sturridge was being overlooked by Hughes for Ched Evans when we were a mid table side and had a chance to go and play for a title winning and Champions League regular side... yet we boo’d him!

Booing Milner is literally just a bit of bitter unneeded “payback” with the way Liverpool acted with Sterling. If the Sterling treatment never happened, we’d all still think of Milner fondly. Yeah he celebrated against us, but so did Dickov for Leicester and hardly anyone gave a shit then.

It's funny how fan's see the sane thing differently.

Millner I have discussed probably more than I should have done as he isn't worth it, but why he is booed is in my comments and it isn't because he left on a free.

Distin along with I think Cole and possibly James? all jumped ship to Portsmouth for more money. They offered more than we could afford and off they went. They weren't exactly a major power but they did win the fa cup before disappearing to oblivion, almost bankrupted by paying too much in wages to the likes of Distin.

Sturridge went for more money simple as. Chelsea had been tapping him up for a couple of years. He was highly rated and while we were not as successful a side as Chelsea then we had been taken over by the Sheikh so our future was bright. He was never going to be a regular starter there and so it proved, he made 63 appearances in 4 years.

If Millner had remained respectful about us he wouldn't be getting booed, indeed in his first appearance against us he wasn't, nothing to do with payback for Sterling. Dickov was booed loudly after scoring the penalty for Leicester against us and going Ott in his celebration.

Your hook is showing through the bait lol

Haha, nah no bait. Genuine discussion. He was interviewed recently saying how highly he rates VVD. But at 28 I don't think VVD can or will be in the same bracket as the aforementioned players.

He won't of been at the top long enough. (Unless we win 3 titles and Champions Leagues in the next 3 years)

Kompany on the other hand has the trophies (apart from the CL) but he did struggled with injuries and didn't get to play a full season often. Mind you at his peak you couldn't get past him. Maybe we need to stop comparing players to past greats?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.