Vincent Kompany

blue b4 the moon said:
Well on the way to a 10, year Testimonial match.
As long as he doesn't go agreeing terms with Barcelona or anyone else again when the going gets a bit tough for him.

@RobDawsonMEN 31s

Manuel Pellegrini says he thinks Vincent Kompany could be out for up to six weeks with a groin injury.

Pellegrini also added that it would be 'impossible' for Kompany to be back within a month.

so he misses out on the derby .... 4 days left ...sure the boss has nearly completed back up CB option

razman said:
@RobDawsonMEN 31s

Manuel Pellegrini says he thinks Vincent Kompany could be out for up to six weeks with a groin injury.

Pellegrini also added that it would be 'impossible' for Kompany to be back within a month.

so he misses out on the derby .... 4 days left ...sure the boss has nearly completed back up CB option

I think we'll see lots of stories in the week building up to the derby about Kompany still being out and then he'll be in the line-up come Sunday afternoon.

Can't fucking believe this, so much promise at the start of the season, and it is threatened to be destroyed by a major injury to an important player. The second consecutive season this has happened!. So frustrated.

NoahCity said:
Can't fucking believe this, so much promise at the start of the season, and it is threatened to be destroyed by a major injury to an important player. The second consecutive season this has happened!. So frustrated.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. We've needed top quality cover at centre half all summer, especially given that neither Lescott nor Garcia is suited to playing a high line, and we've done fuck all to rectify the situation. Same goes for Navas. No natural width or pace if he gets crocked

NoahCity said:
Calm down dear

BufordUSABlue said:
welsh_andy said:
NoahCity said:
In training pictures today it shows him with the rest of the squad.
phew, sounds like gd news, did read he be out for a few wks. if he is training or even light training could possibly be back for hull or stoke, least a game under his belt before the scum.
can all breathe a huge sigh of relief

Groin injuries can be complexed, only when you start doing turns and twists in a match situation do you know the extent of the injury. Training involves a lot of straight line runs which don't put a lot of strain on the groin.
Still great news that he is actually training as with a strain or a tear he wouldn't be training full stop.

Lets not forget how this injury happened. We were 4-0 up and playing the ball around in "triangles" (pissing about some would say) just in the Newcastle half on our right side with Yaya, Zabs, Nasri, possibly Jesus, tip-tap, tip tap (or is it Tika-Taka). Yaya must have touched the ball 10 times when one of their players got a boot in and the ball broke down their left side and Ameobi cottoned on to it. As the covering player, our Vinny slid in to tackle and did his groin in. Some fans like this pass -pass-pass football but if we are not moving forward it does my head in.
End of rant.

We're going to learn a lot about Pellegrini in the coming weeks and months. Personally I think his comments about Vinny having "no chance" of being fit in 4 weeks, in other words for the derby, are disingenuous.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
NoahCity said:

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. We've needed top quality cover at centre half all summer, especially given that neither Lescott nor Garcia is suited to playing a high line, and we've done fuck all to rectify the situation. Same goes for Navas. No natural width or pace if he gets crocked

We've needed another quality centre half since the takeover. We had a title winning defence with Lescott and Kompany with the entire team ultimately set up properly to be defensive, we still had the piss taken out of us in Europe. Kompany and Nastasic, again, in a largely defensively orientated team.

Now we're going to be attacking and exposing our defence more I think we're in for a rude awakening as to how good it actually is. Our superior possession will help, but we still need someone in Kompany's class to sit alongside him. More importantly, someone in his class who can hold it together when he's not there. I still think it's where the Negredo money should have gone but I think he's part of a longer game involving one of Dzeko or Kun that isn't immediately obvious.

Bluep*ss said:
Lets not forget how this injury happened. We were 4-0 up and playing the ball around in "triangles" (pissing about some would say) just in the Newcastle half on our right side with Yaya, Zabs, Nasri, possibly Jesus, tip-tap, tip tap (or is it Tika-Taka). Yaya must have touched the ball 10 times when one of their players got a boot in and the ball broke down their left side and Ameobi cottoned on to it. As the covering player, our Vinny slid in to tackle and did his groin in. Some fans like this pass -pass-pass football but if we are not moving forward it does my head in.
End of rant.

Just this, I love the team to bits but this tippy tapping around is costing us, that and the attempt to walk every goal in. Get the ball up field and then attempt to shoot, even if you miss if you've had a go we can forgive you!! Plus every other team expects that of us now so if we start to move forward they will be confused. IMHO

That tippy tappy play is driving me mad!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.