Vincent Kompany

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Caveman said:
NoahCity said:
it'd ridiculous to blame the injury on that, can't believe what I am reading, it was bad luck.
No such thing as luck, good or bad. At the time I too blamed the players involved in that particular spell of possession and Kompany himself for thinking he had to make that challenge to cover for them. We didn't play with any of that sort of play all game apart from that small period of thirty seconds. The whole thing was avoidable.

I don't think it was avoidable at all, for the simple reason that Kompany is made of glass. He sits down in the middle of the pitch clutching some part of his anatomy or another 4 or 5 times a season, usually either after a completely innocuous challenge or indeed with no-one near him whatsoever. Great player though he is, he's unreliable and it is folly that we haven't brought in top quality cover, never mind scratching around now looking at 33 year old stop gaps. Whatever, the point is Kompany's groin injury was not as the result of anything overtly strenuous and could have occurred at any moment.
As to his return to training, is he actually kicking a ball, cos that is the acid test with most groin injuries, not running?
it's only the past 6 months that he has started to have problems!

NoahCity said:
it's only the past 6 months that he has started to have problems!

3rd bad injury in (close on) 9 months. He was also out for 5 months at the end of Cluelesses reign (3 months and a bit but he wasn't in the first team squad till the end of November).

Vincent Kompany Injury Record at City:
13/14 19.08.2013 22.09.2013 Groin Injury
12/13 26.01.2013 15.03.2013 Calf Injury
12/13 09.12.2012 21.12.2012 Hamstring Injury
09/10 13.07.2009 05.10.2009 Toe Injury

If he picks up another injury this season then he will be in the same bracket at Micah.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
A bit worrying as today is the first time I've heard that this 4 weeks out is now will probably be 6 weeks, which no doubt will turn into 10 weeks before we can say boo to a goose.

Oh fucking hell, we need cover. Why did we let Kolo go?!

Someone needs their arse kicked, it's obvious we've needed cover at the back for some time, especially now Kompany seems to be made of glass all of a sudden. As a club we should never be so reliant on one player.

For me two of the main reason we won the league was Kompany and M Richards! Kompany for his leadership and Richards for opening up tough teams if you watch back the season we won the league he was one of the main reasons for me, not long good early season injury wise for these 2

He should only miss two more City matches, and Richards returns to training next week.

Pam said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
A bit worrying as today is the first time I've heard that this 4 weeks out is now will probably be 6 weeks, which no doubt will turn into 10 weeks before we can say boo to a goose.

Oh fucking hell, we need cover. Why did we let Kolo go?!

Because his contract was up and it's a huge amount of money off the wage bill. Hindsight is easy, no could have foresaw Komps injury so early in the season.
Kolo is injured too btw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.