Vincent Kompany

Very frustrated with this injury, it looks like he won't be back until our game with Bayern at home and let's be honest that is not great at all.

Demechelis and Nastasic need to build up a formidable partnership as soon as possible otherwise this injury could leave us behind in the title race.

sam-caddick said:
Very frustrated with this injury, it looks like he won't be back until our game with Bayern at home and let's be honest that is not great at all.

Demechelis and Nastasic need to build up a formidable partnership as soon as possible otherwise this injury could leave us behind in the title race.

Have we definitely signed Demechelis then? I thought it was just a rumour.

Just go and chuck the bloody kitchen sink at Pepe. What's the point arguing over 10m when we've got the title, CL group qualification and domestic cup competitions on the line? Without Vinny we could find ourselves shit out of luck by the time he even gets back into the team. Spend 90m on attackers, why risk that being for nothing by skimping on centre half? Learn from old mistakes, make new ones!

*The above is not to be taken as an ungrateful 'we haven't spent enough' post*

Eccles Blue said:
sam-caddick said:

Have we definitely signed Demechelis then? I thought it was just a rumour.

It's not on the OS and not mentioned in Pellers press conference.

Bluep*ss said:
BufordUSABlue said:
welsh_andy said:
phew, sounds like gd news, did read he be out for a few wks. if he is training or even light training could possibly be back for hull or stoke, least a game under his belt before the scum.
can all breathe a huge sigh of relief

Groin injuries can be complexed, only when you start doing turns and twists in a match situation do you know the extent of the injury. Training involves a lot of straight line runs which don't put a lot of strain on the groin.
Still great news that he is actually training as with a strain or a tear he wouldn't be training full stop.

Lets not forget how this injury happened. We were 4-0 up and playing the ball around in "triangles" (pissing about some would say) just in the Newcastle half on our right side with Yaya, Zabs, Nasri, possibly Jesus, tip-tap, tip tap (or is it Tika-Taka). Yaya must have touched the ball 10 times when one of their players got a boot in and the ball broke down their left side and Ameobi cottoned on to it. As the covering player, our Vinny slid in to tackle and did his groin in. Some fans like this pass -pass-pass football but if we are not moving forward it does my head in.
End of rant.
it'd ridiculous to blame the injury on that, can't believe what I am reading, it was bad luck.

adrianr said:
Just go and chuck the bloody kitchen sink at Pepe. What's the point arguing over 10m when we've got the title, CL group qualification and domestic cup competitions on the line? Without Vinny we could find ourselves shit out of luck by the time he even gets back into the team. Spend 90m on attackers, why risk that being for nothing by skimping on centre half? Learn from old mistakes, make new ones!

*The above is not to be taken as an ungrateful 'we haven't spent enough' post*
When we're looking to get as close to winning the title as we can, or actually winning it, and get to the knock-out stages of the CL I don't think there's such thing as being ungrateful in wanting to spend extra money on positions where we need it. There's no way Nastasić and Kompany will be fit for every game all season and I too think we need to make a signing at centre half.

NoahCity said:
Bluep*ss said:
BufordUSABlue said:
Groin injuries can be complexed, only when you start doing turns and twists in a match situation do you know the extent of the injury. Training involves a lot of straight line runs which don't put a lot of strain on the groin.
Still great news that he is actually training as with a strain or a tear he wouldn't be training full stop.

Lets not forget how this injury happened. We were 4-0 up and playing the ball around in "triangles" (pissing about some would say) just in the Newcastle half on our right side with Yaya, Zabs, Nasri, possibly Jesus, tip-tap, tip tap (or is it Tika-Taka). Yaya must have touched the ball 10 times when one of their players got a boot in and the ball broke down their left side and Ameobi cottoned on to it. As the covering player, our Vinny slid in to tackle and did his groin in. Some fans like this pass -pass-pass football but if we are not moving forward it does my head in.
End of rant.
it'd ridiculous to blame the injury on that, can't believe what I am reading, it was bad luck.
No such thing as luck, good or bad. At the time I too blamed the players involved in that particular spell of possession and Kompany himself for thinking he had to make that challenge to cover for them. We didn't play with any of that sort of play all game apart from that small period of thirty seconds. The whole thing was avoidable.

Caveman said:
NoahCity said:
Bluep*ss said:
End of rant.
No such thing as luck, good or bad. At the time I too blamed the players involved in that particular spell of possession and Kompany himself for thinking he had to make that challenge to cover for them. We didn't play with any of that sort of play all game apart from that small period of thirty seconds. The whole thing was avoidable.
omfg, people make challenges like that all the time, and most of the time no one is injured.

NoahCity said:
Caveman said:
NoahCity said:
omfg, people make challenges like that all the time, and most of the time no one is injured.

Spot on. The original statements are virtually beyond parody. Possession football love it or hate it means you are less likely to have to make a tackle as you are keeping possession.
It was a good tackle with a low risk of injury and denying the existence of chance is just bizarre.

Caveman said:
NoahCity said:
Bluep*ss said:
End of rant.

I don't think it was avoidable at all, for the simple reason that Kompany is made of glass. He sits down in the middle of the pitch clutching some part of his anatomy or another 4 or 5 times a season, usually either after a completely innocuous challenge or indeed with no-one near him whatsoever. Great player though he is, he's unreliable and it is folly that we haven't brought in top quality cover, never mind scratching around now looking at 33 year old stop gaps. Whatever, the point is Kompany's groin injury was not as the result of anything overtly strenuous and could have occurred at any moment.
As to his return to training, is he actually kicking a ball, cos that is the acid test with most groin injuries, not running?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.