Vincent Kompany

FantasyIreland said:
Dax777 said:
didactic said:
Someone is posting on facebook that he has been carrying an injury for months? Apparently only plays because we need him.

Any truth to this?
It's funny how some players are allowed excuses others aren't. If he is injured, he'd be sat. He is just playing poorly. Nothing else.

Kompany is a victim of a system that offers the defence next to no cover,other than fernandinho,our midfield is powderpuff and leaves our centre halves woefully exposed.
Kompany isn't playing to his best but the criticism he is receiving is completely out of context and utterly unfair given the mitigation.

On a side note....how the fuck are any of our defenders expected to form an understanding and develop consistency when they are constantly being chopped and changed??

Our entire set up is currently a joke and its going to cost us a Champs league place I fear.
I think Kompany is simply poor. I don't buy the no defensive support argument. the teams is playing poorly as a whole, and Kompany is a part of that poor performance. His individual performance has been poor. He should have been red carded yesterday but got lucky, actions like that and many others has all to do with him and nothing to do with others.

Dax777 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Dax777 said:
It's funny how some players are allowed excuses others aren't. If he is injured, he'd be sat. He is just playing poorly. Nothing else.

Kompany is a victim of a system that offers the defence next to no cover,other than fernandinho,our midfield is powderpuff and leaves our centre halves woefully exposed.
Kompany isn't playing to his best but the criticism he is receiving is completely out of context and utterly unfair given the mitigation.

On a side note....how the fuck are any of our defenders expected to form an understanding and develop consistency when they are constantly being chopped and changed??

Our entire set up is currently a joke and its going to cost us a Champs league place I fear.
I think Kompany is simply poor. I don't buy the no defensive support argument. the teams is playing poorly as a whole, and Kompany is a part of that poor performance. His individual performance has been poor. He should have been red carded yesterday but got lucky, actions like that and many others has all to do with him and nothing to do with others.

I think you're wrong. How many times do we see the centre backs caught out of position trying to cover for the full backs? The whole defensive set up is a complete fuck up and has been since Pellegrini arrived.

You know your defensive system is the problem when defenders like Kompany and Zabaleta look bad in it.

Everybody's saying Terry has been the best CB in the league this season, but he'd get torn apart in our system. Our defence gets absolutely no protection.

mancityscot said:
he's not tweeted about the team since the 23rd of February. says a lot tbh

He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't!

I think he has been poor this season and personally I'm glad he is kind of keeping a low profile. I was annoyed when this time last week he did a bit in the press about the derby being perfect timing for City. I don't think he believed that himself.

He like the majority of the others need to keep quiet, stay out of the press and limelight and start putting in some decent f**king performances.

Has been a good captain, but has shown no decent leadership lately - not that he should be the only one, given that we have a very experienced squad.
He's been a good player too, but always over rated by most on here. At times he's looked the best in the premier league, but, he's always had a mistake in him - the very best rarely mess up.
A disaster of a season by his standards. Will he be fit, or better next season? If he gets back to his best, fine, but, I can't see it happening.

The fickle fan always amazes me.

Where is the support for a top player who is obviously going a bad time. What we do here is simply slag them off.

mayo31 said:
The fickle fan always amazes me.

Where is the support for a top player who is obviously going a bad time. What we do here is simply slag them off.
He's been an absolute credit to this club since he signed. We're lucky to have him and I won't be writing him off anytime soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.