Vincent Kompany

I just want to remind people, that even though Chelsea won’t have Europe next season, the people in this thread are saying that if Vinny has two options these next few weeks.
1st: Stay with Burnley who will probably be in the top 3 favorites odds wise to go down next season (unless their ownership group invest large sums of money in transfer market).
2nd: Take over as manager at a club that has won every title possible within the last 10 years in England / Europe.
Maybe I’m being naive, but I just can’t understand how anyone would think out of those two options he should choose the Burnley option.
My take on this is Potter wasn't ready for Chelsea (and the players got rid of him)
Vinny isn't ready for them either. Stay with Burnley for at least a couple more years.

I just want to remind people, that even though Chelsea won’t have Europe next season, the people in this thread are saying that if Vinny has two options these next few weeks.
1st: Stay with Burnley who will probably be in the top 3 favorites odds wise to go down next season (unless their ownership group invest large sums of money in transfer market).
2nd: Take over as manager at a club that has won every title possible within the last 10 years in England / Europe.
Maybe I’m being naive, but I just can’t understand how anyone would think out of those two options he should choose the Burnley option.
The fundamental flaws in your logic is that you are assuming each club is equally stable (demonstratively false) and that Vinny needs to take the Chelsea job or never have another higher level management opportunity.

Vinny will not turn down Chelsea to stay at Burnley. Nobody would. If he turns things round at Chelsea it would make him an even better pick for us when Pep leaves. It will be a gamble of course but he will take it on. Keeping Burnley in the PL may be just as difficult as getting Chelsea back into the top four. It will be painful to watch him at a rival club though.
Right now if chelsea (or spurs) phoned me up and asked me to do the job, I'd turn both down, both run by complete idiots in my view.

chelsea are full of talent, but it's too full of talent, even picking a team and sticking with it must be incredibly difficult. As for spurs, wouldn't touch that squad with a barge pole, serial bottlers everywhere.

Because with one, underachievement is almost guaranteed, and with the other, overachievement is achievable

Trying to understand the last few pages. Are people suggesting Kompany would go for the Chelsea job? He is far too smart for that. He will solidify Burnley in the Premier league and then go to a lower table struggler. Why would he want to execute his career when it is only just starting to begin?

Just stay where he is and keep Burnley in the league, that would be one hell of an achievement and add further great education to his management career.

I really like Kompany. I love the way he talks and conducts himself and was well hell of a player. I love seeing his motivation team talks and ideas.

The way I see Chelsea is they can only go one direction and that's upwards. With an array of talented players and a huge war-chest, he would surely be interested. I wouldn't blame him for taking the job.

I'd take Kompany at Spurs in a heartbeat, but right guy wrong time. There is a huge rebuild needed, we are talking 3-7 years project with a chairman who is trigger happy and losing the plot. Kompany would have to be mentally ill to take the gig

I really like Kompany. I love the way he talks and conducts himself and was well hell of a player. I love seeing his motivation team talks and ideas.

The way I see Chelsea is they can only go one direction and that's upwards. With an array of talented players and a huge war-chest, he would surely be interested. I wouldn't blame him for taking the job.

I'd take Kompany at Spurs in a heartbeat, but right guy wrong time. There is a huge rebuild needed, we are talking 3-7 years project with a chairman who is trigger happy and losing the plot. Kompany would have to be mentally ill to take the gig
Yeah,you can forget that idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.