Vincent Kompany

You really think Burnley would sack him after 10-15 matches if they struggle to stay up?
I would say it's very unlikely...but plenty of managers who flourished in the championship get exposed in the PL. If Burnley have something like 2-3 wins in their first 15 matches they could decide to bring in a more defensive manager to see out their first season back while they build back up their squad with more funding.
If Chelsea make him an offer, he would be crazy to turn them down if the only other option for him was staying at Burnley.
Potter was a complete disaster, and likely will still be a PL manager come next season for some other West Ham level club.

I sincerely hope he is smart enough to turn that down and stay with Burnley to test his managerial prowess in the Premier League with the team that he has built, with only staying up the expectation.

He has all the time in the world to manage a “bigger” team and taking the time to build top level management experience before he does will greatly increase his chances of being successful when he makes the leap.

Nah, he needs it.

He needs to know his msg can get through to more the expensive, the more egotistical, the much more talented players and make them play as a team and they get his respect.

Just hope he signs a contract long enough to take over Guardiola when he goes.

Conversely, it might make Guardiola stay longer to test his mettle against his student!

My take is that he is committed to the North for his wife’s sake. That’s why he went to Burnley, an unlikely destination on football grounds alone. He will stay there.

My take is that he is committed to the North for his wife’s sake. That’s why he went to Burnley, an unlikely destination on football grounds alone. He will stay there.
Yeah, that’s my thinking too.

The whole point of taking the Burnley job was that it wasn’t a million miles from Carla's hometown, as far as I’m concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.