Vincent Kompany

all very odd

Burnley Football Club can confirm that this morning we parted ways with head coach Vincent Kompany, assistant manager Craig Bellamy and first team manager Mike Jackson.Goalkeeping coach Piet Cremers and Set Piece coach Eliot Tybebo have also departed.Full statement below. pic.twitter.com/sryBJmo…
Posted on X · 4 hours ago

Love Vinny but that Burnley team is fucking hopeless and I don’t think he helped by trying to get them playing a way they were nowhere good enough or equipped enough to succeed.

Love Vinny but that Burnley team is fucking hopeless and I don’t think he helped by trying to get them playing a way they were nowhere good enough or equipped enough to succeed.
To be fair they were good at this style of play in the Championship and absolutely stormed the division for that reason. The problem they've had this season is flogging or dropping the players that made them tick and persisting with lads who don't have a clue how to carry out what's being asked of them. I think they just panicked and tried to put a "Premier League quality" side together but, as we've seen in the past, sometimes the team that wins the Championship is good enough to stay up in the top division.

But they lost Nathan Tella to Bayer Leverkusen. Manuel Benson and Jay Rodriguez barely play. They loaned Zaroury out to Hull. That's all four of their top goalscorers from last season either playing elsewhere or barely playing at all. Josh Cullen barely plays, Connor Roberts was loaned out to Leeds, Ian Maatsen was only on loan, and Ari Muric barely plays. That's four of their most-played players from last season either gone or benched. They made a big mistake by disrupting the chemistry of the team that won the Championship together.

Think Kompany deserves the chance to bring them back up. He's definitely shown that he's a more than capable manager for a Championship side and vastly out-performed expectations - lots of people were predicting another relegation for them because they had no money. Plus, Burnley allowed Dyche that luxury a couple of times and it paid off for them, I think. But whether Kompany even makes it to the end of the season is another matter really - if Burnley don't want to hold firm and take the hit of finishing with 20 points (roughly) he'll be out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.