Vincent Kompany

No shit........

He deserves far better than your dismissive response.What he achieved was superb,and proves his man management is elite,irrespective of the league.
Grow up, being offended on someone else’s behalf is just silly.
You can bet that the chairman’s thoughts align with mine. VK won’t get appointed here until he has proved he can do it in the PL.
We had enough managers appointed on a whim in Swales’ day, never again. Franny failed for the same reason.
Pep had 7 seasons at the top level before coming here. VK might need to go abroad for another spell too.
I only know of one top PL manager who has not managed at the top level elsewhere first.
PS Maybe two.

Last edited:
Grow up, being offended on someone else’s behalf is just silly.
You can bet that the chairman’s thoughts align with mine. VK won’t get appointed here until he has proved he can do it in the PL.
We had enough managers appointed on a whim in Swales’ day, never again. Franny failed for the same reason.
Pep had 7 seasons at the top level before coming here. VK might need to go abroad for another spell too.
I only know of one top PL manager who has not managed at the top level elsewhere first.
PS Maybe two.
What was Peps managerial history when he took over Barcelona and immediately created one of the greatest club sides in history? Clue: he had not managed in the Prem at all…

As much as I think he did a great job, the limited budget part isn’t true - they outspent the rest of the division 10:1…

Even when comfortably clear at Xmas, they spent a further £10m to get a few more bodies in.
On gross spend maybe, but they did sell about £70m of talent so net spend was limited as they had to repay a huge chunk of debt.

What was Peps managerial history when he took over Barcelona and immediately created one of the greatest club sides in history? Clue: he had not managed in the Prem at all…
Interesting, but it does not alter my view that, however much we may wish it, appointing VK on the strength of one season in a lower division would be a huge risk.
There was huge opposition within the club to Pep’s appointment as he had only managed in div 2 (Barca B) but the president insisted and, in the way that Barca operate, he prevailed. That opposition was not appeased by success. The politics did for him in the end.

Last edited:
He has principles, politically, morally and in the way he wants his team to play. He is a leader. He has transformed the style of play at Burnley, and achieved the only success that he could have achieved - he is a league champion. He now tries to stay in the PL, playing a possession based game, with passing from the back, within the financial framework of a much smaller club. It will be very difficult at times, but you cannot compromise your beliefs.
Unless you’re ten Bob, of course.

Unless you’re ten Bob, of course.
Yes, but he compromises his beliefs without the financial compromises. That's why he can pay £70m for unknown strikers, just because they have a surname like Erling's. Perhaps he is hoping that in far flung shores, people think that Haaland actually plays for a Trafford-based team!

Yes, but he compromises his beliefs without the financial compromises. That's why he can pay £70m for unknown strikers, just because they have a surname like Erling's. Perhaps he is hoping that in far flung shores, people think that Haaland actually plays for a Trafford-based team!
That wouldn’t surprise me.

He has principles, politically, morally and in the way he wants his team to play. He is a leader. He has transformed the style of play at Burnley, and achieved the only success that he could have achieved - he is a league champion. He now tries to stay in the PL, playing a possession based game, with passing from the back, within the financial framework of a much smaller club. It will be very difficult at times, but you cannot compromise your beliefs.
I said on Friday at the match that they don’t have to play us every week and as such they should win more than enough games to stay up if they don’t compromise their style of play. Whether that happens or not, who knows. I seem to recall Tony Mowbray not compromising his style of play at West Brom and they went straight back down but as much as I like Mowbray and the way his teams play, I do think that Vinny has that little bit extra in his locker.

I said on Friday at the match that they don’t have to play us every week and as such they should win more than enough games to stay up if they don’t compromise their style of play. Whether that happens or not, who knows. I seem to recall Tony Mowbray not compromising his style of play at West Brom and they went straight back down but as much as I like Mowbray and the way his teams play, I do think that Vinny has that little bit extra in his locker.
Absolutely, regarding Tony Mowbray.
Having developed all of the way through our growth into a top team, and being as intelligent and dedicated as he is, I do agree with you that Vinnie probably has more in his locker. The game has changed, and his understanding of the way that it has changed, and how his players can adapt, could well achieve safety. That will be an achievement though because his players are, generally, below the top-tier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.