Vinnie guest pundit on MOTD tonight

Vinnie was great - he kept calm, polite and considered throughout, despite Hansen trying to wind him up ... and he just left those 2 idiots either side of him to do what they do best; show themselves up for the tw*ts they are.

Hansen somehow managed to stay as cocky and smarmy as ever despite his gaffs, but I thought Lineker looked slightly embarrased / ashamed on Hansen's behalf ... and 'arry looked fed-up throughout.

Great stuff - best MOTD for ages !

I don't think Linekar likes Hansen. He is often putting points across on the contrary to Hansen's and he's only supposed to be the presenter. Also he often has the last word after Hansen has said something when it breaks off to a match, so you're left with Linekar's thought rather than the pundits. It's as if he wants to undermine him. I like Linekar!

I thought Vinnie was a bit too laid back and didn't really give his opinion so maybe he isn't really suited to a show like this. I agree about Hansen though, every week they put up that caption about how many titles he won over 30 years ago. Apparently he gets £42K per week. walking cost saving for the BBC or what?

mcmanus said:
I think English is Vinny's 4th language and the way he thinks before he speaks is class, compare it to 'arry sat next to him with his command of his native tongue 'I fink the boy done good'.

He will certainly speak Dutch (Flemish ) and French again possibly German and possibly an African language .

Dutch / French and German are all spoken in Belgium in various areas .<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:28 pm --<br /><br />
citykev28 said:
"Were you aware of United's result in the changing room?"

"No because they played after us."

Best moment on television this season.

CLASSICAL .

Ronnie the Rep said:
I thought Vinnie was a bit too laid back and didn't really give his opinion so maybe he isn't really suited to a show like this. I agree about Hansen though, every week they put up that caption about how many titles he won over 30 years ago. Apparently he gets £42K per week. walking cost saving for the BBC or what?

I would agree with this - Vinnie is a great ambassador for our club and I have no worries whenever he's in front of the camera. He always seems calm and considered and his points are always succinct considering English is his 2nd/3rd language.
Unfortunately MoTD isn't really the best platform for him due to the time restraints on the show and the complete fuckwittery of his fellow guests. They don't have anywhere near enough time to get into the football talk and are often just there to just offer the generic bullshit that the BBC seem to think the average fan is capable of absorbing.
That said it was great to see him on there, and as always he came across as a leader of men - the fact that he's the leader of our men makes me warm and fuzzy inside..

Pablo1 said:
Ronnie the Rep said:

I would agree with this - Vinnie is a great ambassador for our club and I have no worries whenever he's in front of the camera. He always seems calm and considered and his points are always succinct considering English is his 2nd/3rd language.
Unfortunately MoTD isn't really the best platform for him due to the time restraints on the show and the complete fuckwittery of his fellow guests. They don't have anywhere near enough time to get into the football talk and are often just there to just offer the generic bullshit that the BBC seem to think the average fan is capable of absorbing.
That said it was great to see him on there, and as always he came across as a leader of men - the fact that he's the leader of our men makes me warm and fuzzy inside..

You don't want Vinnie to say a bad thing about anyone, don't want any stories or tension built by him analysing something and it then being twisted to criticise someone.

The more neutral and non-committal he is the better.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Pablo1 said:
Ronnie the Rep said:

You don't want Vinnie to say a bad thing about anyone, don't want any stories or tension built by him analysing something and it then being twisted to criticise someone.

The more neutral and non-committal he is the better.

I see your point - shame really because I believe Vinny would have a lot of genuine insight if asked for his un-sugar coated views. Unfortunately the vultures are often circling waiting to pounce on any comment that may offend, and now that the average brain dead fan has access to twitter and the like I imagine most players would rather keep their real opinions to themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.