Vinnie On His Red Card

Seems quite a classy bloke in comparisson to most footballers.

This is slightly off topic but for me this has highlighted something I've not heard mentioned really and that's the suspensions that go with red cards.

I've no problem with the way the laws of the games are interpreted a lot stricter these days. Suppose it was inevitable that things change.
Things go too far sometimes, like on Sunday when people get sent off for nothing but in general I suppose it encourages more skillful players to flourish.

My issue is that getting sent off for violent conduct still carries an automatic three game ban as it did 30 years ago when you virtually needed to chop some cunts legs off before the referee would even think about a sending off.

With players getting sent off for marginal things like Kompany's tackle, isn't it time the FA looked at reviewing the suspensions that go with red cards these days?

I put it through the read between the lines section of Google Translate

"Dear Wayne and Rio,

You are twats. Fuck off

Vincent Kompany".

Agree with every word too.

Impeccable conduct from our captain once again.How different to that snarling,dirty, little, scouse scum bag who hounded Foy to get him sent off.

It's not like me to wish anyone harm in any walk of life,but i really hope someone snaps that little bastards leg some time soon.Horrible Human Being.

Whether you agree with VK's views or not, I think few would deny we have now got a captain whose levels of respect, dignity and professionalism cannot be disputed. And yet he can do all that and still be as hard as nails and one of the best defenders in the world: a class act on and off the field.

I am very proud to be a blue.

One thing I have noticed since Mancini has arrived has been a move to more "class" in everything the club does. From the owners, down through the Board, to the manager and the players and even the conduct on the pitch, it really does make we proud to have all these people at the club.

VK's statement just confirms that. Think of any other club and make whatever comparisons you feel necessary. Can anyone tell me it doesn't give you a good feeling after so many years of being an absolute joke club?

Getting a great response from the journos too on twatter.

as my response to him said "just Simply #Legend" dont get the # or what is for as only go on to see what our players put and the journos I have.

Dear Vinny,

Surely to God yer didn't get sent off in Belgium or Germany for a straight up and down tackle? But then yer probably never had a Belgian or German equivalent of FatScouseGit friend of the German or Belgian FA who would rush up to the ref in the most scandalised fashion even though the team-mate who was tackled had got on with the game, having seen the tackle as part and parcel of the ninety-minutes.

And as for referees in the PL - I wonder why I never seem to have an issue with the ones who fly in to officiate at CL or Europa League matches.

That the PL is the best in the world is debatable. That the refs in the PL are the best in the world is tosh.

Hope to see you at the game tonight with yer oversized inflatable 6!

Regards,

Dave EBH

tidyman said:

This is slightly off topic but for me this has highlighted something I've not heard mentioned really and that's the suspensions that go with red cards.

I've no problem with the way the laws of the games are interpreted a lot stricter these days. Suppose it was inevitable that things change.
Things go too far sometimes, like on Sunday when people get sent off for nothing but in general I suppose it encourages more skillful players to flourish.

My issue is that getting sent off for violent conduct still carries an automatic three game ban as it did 30 years ago when you virtually needed to chop some cunts legs off before the referee would even think about a sending off.

With players getting sent off for marginal things like Kompany's tackle, isn't it time the FA looked at reviewing the suspensions that go with red cards these days?

One of the completely bizarre things about the current rules is that you can appeal a red card on the basis of wrongful dismissal, or you can appeal on the basis that the sanction is excessive in the light of the actual offence, but you can't appeal both. If you appeal the length of the suspension, you are deemed to acknowledge the red card was correctly given.

In other words, you can argue against the dismissal, or you can argue against the length of the ban, but you can't do both. So you can appeal and if you get off, there's no suspension at all, or (as happened to VK) the full suspension remains in place if you lose (assuming they dont increase for a frivolous appeal). On the other hand, you can accept the red card but contest the imposition of (in this case) a 4 match ban, so maybe end up with a two or three match ban instead. What you can't do, however, is say 'We don't think it was a valid sending off, but even if we are wrong about that it shouldn't warrant a 4 match ban.' That seems to me to be just ludicrous.

tidyman said:

This is bang on. If you read the laws of the game anyone who gets sent off for ANY type of tackle can have no hope of it being recinded on appeal. The laws lean so much towards the 'possibility of injuring an apponent' that you could easily apply it to each and every tackle. So, if Vinnie's is worth a red card we must accept that, and don't blame the ref, but a 4 match ban is rediculous.

Also, because of this, we are in danger of sterilising our game and therefore, spoiling the product. No more 'blood and thunder' FA Cup ties I'm afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.