Violence at Euro 2016

No, you're not getting my point. The Russia fans were out of order. Some England fans were giving them a bit of shit (rightly so) and there are a few squabbles - we're fine up to that point. THEN, about 30 Russia fans break into a neutral (england) section and chase the 3/400 England fans that had been giving them shit behind the safety of the stewards.

All these England fans who were acting like idiots then run away like absolute cowards, if they would have stood their ground it would have been a non-contest.

The unfortunate truth behind all this is that the 'scene' in England is made up of young lads who have all the gear along with no bottle what so ever.

Yes and no on this one. The section they broke into was a neutral section in which there were England fans but also fans of other nationalities and a real mix.If you look at the pictures there are couples,old people and women and kids trying to get out of the way.

The lads out there under 30 will not have encountered much violence except singing songs,throwing a few bottles,chasing one another up and down streets and bouncing about,while filming it at the same time. The all seater grounds,policing and CCTV have all but put paid to football violence in this country.When we were their age we encountered it every single week in some format or other whether we liked it or not it was happening on the terraces,in towns and cities and in back streets every game,sometimes on a large scale,sometimes a small scale but it was always there.

I think we should get a bluemoon super firm together, them Russians wouldn't stand a chance we will give them Chinese burns and a thousand paper cuts that'll sort them out :-)

how about people stop trying to justify violence in any form and calling people cowards, and everyone just fucking behave themselves, and people who don't get arrested and jailed.

City fans will get the shit beaten out of them again on European aways next season because of this.

And in an ideal world..........mate it isn't going to happen,I wish worldwide everyone could live in peace but look at the state of the world.Football is just a small microcosm of that.

how about people stop trying to justify violence in any form and calling people cowards, and everyone just fucking behave themselves, and people who don't get arrested and jailed.

City fans will get the shit beaten out of them again on European aways next season because of this.

I understand your point...and my days of throwing punches is well over now (Aside from a relapse when I broke my knuckle on some cockney rags face in the FA Cup semi)

But if there was ever a point where there was a swathe of Russians bearing down on you...you'd hope for a little support from lads who are not afraid of a little aggro

I'm not justifying it btw...Like @paulchapo and others...when I was home/away every game back in the day...it was just how things were...as you get older things change...I think the rave scene did for me...Ecstasy loved me up hahaha

Hooligans back in day were dickheads, hooligans nowadays are dickheads, people who go to their local town centre for a scrap are dickheads.

Stand yer ground? No thanks. I'm here for the game, i have zero interest in scrapping. It's a game.

Yes and no on this one. The section they broke into was a neutral section in which there were England fans but also fans of other nationalities and a real mix.If you look at the pictures there are couples,old people and women and kids trying to get out of the way.

The lads out there under 30 will not have encountered much violence except singing songs,throwing a few bottles,chasing one another up and down streets and bouncing about,while filming it at the same time. The all seater grounds,policing and CCTV have all but put paid to football violence in this country.When we were their age we encountered it every single week in some format or other whether we liked it or not it was happening on the terraces,in towns and cities and in back streets every game,sometimes on a large scale,sometimes a small scale but it was always there.

It appeared very much to be like Heysel in reverse.

The neutral section in the Russian end being populated by mainly English whereas at Heysel it was Juve fans in the neutral section at the Liverpool end.

Good job the old crumbling stadium in Marseilles was rebuilt or the outcome could easily have been the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.