Violence at Euro 2016

Not a chance would you have got left to take a kicking back then like some have in Marseille, even as one who went for the football and not the fight you could well find yourself in trouble with your own if you fucked off and left other blues to get a kicking, very different times and really incomparable to today's game and support. The youngsters really dont and never will get it, you had to be there. Going to football today is better in almost every way, but there are some things from those dark days that are sadly missed. Like mentioned every blue had every other blues back simple as..... absolutely not the case today, sadly that is the same in every club with the possible exception of Stoke and Millwall.
Spot on although innocent fans tended to be left alone in the majority of cases whereas the Russians appeared to think everyone was fair game

No idea??? Course you know why they got it!
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/17/sepp-blatter-fifa-putin-nobel-peace-prize

Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that Sepp Blatter, the suspended Fifa president, is “a very respected person” who deserves to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

“Whether there are signs of corruption in Fifa, the investigation must show. As for Joseph Blatter, he is a very respected person, he has done a lot for the development of world soccer,” the Russian president said.

Spot on although innocent fans tended to be left alone in the majority of cases whereas the Russians appeared to think everyone was fair game

In fairness everyone was fair game in England at the start.As a 14 year old at Leeds in 75 my Dad smacked a Leeds fan that hit me.
It was only later that "scarfers" were left alone.

Last edited:
Not a chance would you have got left to take a kicking back then like some have in Marseille, even as one who went for the football and not the fight you could well find yourself in trouble with your own if you fucked off and left other blues to get a kicking, very different times and really incomparable to todays game and support. The youngsters really dont and never will get it, you had to be there. Going to football today is better in almost every way, but there are some things from those dark days that are sadly missed. Like mentioned every blue had every other blues back simple as..... absolutely not the case today, sadly that is the same in every club with the possible execption of Stoke and Millwall.

Can still remember as an 11 year old in 72 coming out of Bramall Lane and City fans singing "City,stick together" as they left the ground for the walk to the station.......and they needed to,my first experience of seeing football violence.

Its such a shame football fans cant just have a laugh like Eire and Sweden yesterday,some of my best days have been mixing with other teams fans.

Can still remember as an 11 year old in 72 coming out of Bramall Lane and City fans singing "City,stick together" as they left the ground for the walk to the station.......and they needed to,my first experience of seeing football violence.

Its such a shame football fans cant just have a laugh like Eire and Sweden yesterday,some of my best days have been mixing with other teams fans.

I think that was the first away game I was allowed to go to as a kid,they still had that one open side in those days which was the cricket pitch if I remember rightly.

The last couple of tournaments on the whole they have. I had to laugh that the Russians and the French....oh the irony....were leaving calling cards saying R.I.P English hooligans.They have missed the boat by 20 years the thick twats! They didn't beat up English hooligans they beat up the new England fan who hasn't been convicted of football violence in his life and is there for a beer and a laugh. To them it is seen as some sort of victory,sorry to disappoint them but it is as meaningless as winning the Simod cup was. As for the French hooligans.....you couldn't make it up shitehouses the lot of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.