Violence at Euro 2016

Does the law distinguish between bottling or glassing someone and throwing the same bottle or glass with the same possible tragic outcome?

It's not that long ago that some prick launched a bottle into the Queen Anne. It shattered on a pillar and a shard went into a girls neck and killed her. The scumbag who did it was charged and convicted of manslaughter.

Does the law distinguish between bottling or glassing someone and throwing the same bottle or glass with the same possible tragic outcome?
You can be reckless to an assault so yes, but it's more difficult to prove. It's why affray (in particular) and violent disorder are so frequently used in situations like this because as an offence they can touch upon many people within a group, whose roles (and culpability) differ greatly. It acts like a trawler net to anyone with a criminal involvement in the incident.

Depending on the extent of the injuries a glassing would be charged as a s18 wounding, in all likelihood.

Last edited:
So the Russians are certainly all in an organised group wearing uniforms/shit T shirts.
Those lot beating up the fat guy looked pretty cowardly to me. I've not seen opening up with a kick since primary school.

As someone said, where's the guys mates, he was doing a couple, two or three more with his gusto would have saved him there.
his mates tried initially i guess, one seems to pick up a bottle but aims badly.
never condone violence but in that instance and the gopro one for sure. have travelled all over watching football and long as you have your wits about you it can be avoided, but the russians though well trained only seem to take it to small groups or individuals. i think the next few days could be interesting as lots of the older welsh/english lads have good links.

It's not that long ago that some prick launched a bottle into the Queen Anne. It shattered on a pillar and a shard went into a girls neck and killed her. The scumbag who did it was charged and convicted of manslaughter.

Remember it well mate.

his mates tried initially i guess, one seems to pick up a bottle but aims badly.
never condone violence but in that instance and the gopro one for sure. have travelled all over watching football and long as you have your wits about you it can be avoided, but the russians though well trained only seem to take it to small groups or individuals. i think the next few days could be interesting as lots of the older welsh/english lads have good links.

Been all over too. Never really witnessed much. Stoke when we won 6-3 was pretty bad. I was only 18 then.
There was little help from the police after when we were penned in by the coaches.

The Russian look like cowards to me. As you say picking off stragglers. Not sure interesting is the right word, but yes the next few days could be interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.