Violence at Euro 2016

They took thousands to Poland in 2012 and unveiled this in the stadium when they played them:
picture.php

But apparently Polish hooligans were ready for what Russia brought and absolutely caved them in all around Warsaw - there were no arrests! NONE!

Pity the poor bastard who had to sneak that in under his shirt!

your username takes me back a few (actually quite a lot) years to when Bolton had a few nasty lads and my first experiences of hooligans. Happy days.

Mid-70's was when i first started going to Burnden. It used to kick off regularly back then. Half bricks and coppers helmets flying through the air during the game and running battles along Manchester Road before and after. I wonder if the Russians would have survived the Embankment End?

Mid-70's was when i first started going to Burnden. It used to kick off regularly back then. Half bricks and coppers helmets flying through the air during the game and running battles along Manchester Road before and after. I wonder if the Russians would have survived the Embankment End?

Manchester Road was always a battlefield,on way back to station,or the bridge that went over the railway,my dad took me to Bolton a hell of a lot in my early years,used to shit myself on Manny Road,I was only 8 -10 years old mind

Okay, I’m feeling a tad bored with this sanctimonious, holier than thou attitude towards our loveable, balaclava-clad Rusky cousins from across the Baltic.

Firstly, those bare-chested, beer-swilling, chair-throwing “ten German bombers in the air” loud and proud English, aren’t necessarily hooligans, but equally they’re unlikely to be found in a local museum, or admiring the cathedrals and vineyards of the French republic.
Our idea of a good time is basically drinking hard and drinking fast. We hang around in large numbers, and react aggressively to the slightest provocation. We frequently blame the Police for overreaction, but seldom question our own accountability.
The pre match Marseille chaos was reminiscent of a typical Saturday evening in Ibiza, Ayia Napa, or Faliraki. That’s what the English are like, and unfortunately, we’ve become a magnet for foreign hooligan subculture.
We all know that our real hooligans (many of them now in their mid 50s) were banned from travelling. However, the Russians and Marseille gangs just see wave after wave of English aggression, so it was always going to happen.
Many innocent English fans were caught in the panic, but sadly it was just an inevitable consequence of three days of stupidity.
Add a late Saturday kick off to the mix, and you’ve got a perfect recipe for carnage.

The violence inside the stadium was completely different, and far more sinister.
In fact, if a Russian supporter can smuggle a flare gun into a stadium, then you fear for public safety on a far more horrific scale.

That's a very good post. Even though you could say that the English fans haven't actually started (how schoolboy does that sound) the trouble with the Russians, and that the Russians would have acted like this regardless, there is a certain way with English supporters that doesn't look good. Bare chested, arms out, pissed as farts and singing some inflammatory songs with a hint of aggression. Take a look at some of the other videos around, especially between the Irish and Swedes, they're pissed up, bare chested and singing but the nature is completely different. I would never go to watch England at a football tournament, just couldn't be arsed with it all.

The worst thing about the violence inside the stadium was the potential for serious tragedy. It was very reminiscent of Heysel.

Used to follow my brother up there around then. 2p on the bus from Radcliffe then watch the older blokes getting stuck in. Eventually they had me 'scouting' for them and would point them in the direction of the opposition ( although they were never hard to find on Manny Rd) before stepping back and watching it kick off, sheepskins and axe handles everywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.