Violence at Euro 2016

Sounds a bit like the 'Kray twins' defence that:

Only ever went after their own kind......streets were safe.......pwopa gents they were........

I'm sure fans of other teams wouldn't agree with you there. It was more than likely the same. Pissed up groups of lads, with an organised element, terrorising other fans. They're all cunts.

Hopefully the French police will get some sort of organisation going, but it will be too little and definitely too late.

Good post and it's good to have a bit of Kray twin banter. I have been invited for a drink in the Richardsons' local in the Elephant and Castle!

I have always thought England's away support was a mixture of happy clappies with a small section of racist thugs. I have seen nothing in the last few days to make me change my view. Done 20 Euro trips with City and for the most part our fans have been great and very street-wise. There have been isolated incidents where our fans have been picked off (like Seville) but mostly we know the rules and avoid trouble. That's why the vast majority of City fans do not bother with England abroad.

Depressing really, a lot of the England fans at that port will be underclass who because it is relatively local can get there relatively cheaply. Same as when city play Stoke away and the calibre of away fan who turns up that day. They were probably filming themselves for social media singing no surrender songs or where are Isis when some 17 stone 6 foot 3 Russian ex soldier trained fighter turns up in a black t shirt and shit themselves. Would rather stick knitting needles in my cock than follow England abroad. Bad enough trying to get excited for the TV games! It's just a filler until the fixtures come out on Wednesday.

Depressing really, a lot of the England fans at that port will be underclass who because it is relatively local can get there relatively cheaply. Same as when city play Stoke away and the calibre of away fan who turns up that day. They were probably filming themselves for social media singing no surrender songs or where are Isis when some 17 stone 6 foot 3 Russian ex soldier trained fighter turns up in a black t shirt and shit themselves. Would rather stick knitting needles in my cock than follow England abroad. Bad enough trying to get excited for the TV games! It's just a filler until the fixtures come out on Wednesday.

That's disgusting, why do Russians do that sort of stuff?

Just spoke to my mate who is out there, I was concerned for him after his text yesterday, he was genuinely worried, he moved away from the old port area and headed towards the stadium earlier than he wanted too, avoided all the nonsense, he was at the opposite side of the stadium to the Russian fans.

His opinion, England fans on the whole there for a good time, drinking / singing etc, a very small minority are prepared to react to provocation far to easily, mainly throwing bottles / chairs and posturing, not looking too fight.

He said Russian fans were the worst he has ever seen, not drinking, just purely pumped up for violence, what surprised him was the age of the Russians, he said they all looked over 35, no drunk or coked up late teen / early 20's, he said earlier in the day when he was in the old port they were outside a bar that was targeted by the Russians, the police (who he says have been shocking) held back the the hordes from both sides, when one Russian broke through and ran about 50 yards on his own into the English fans, not giving a shit, fucking mental.

He said the local hooligans were just picking out very small groups and ambushing them. No one comes out of this very well, we have on the whole cleaned up what was the English disease and attending games is now far safer than it used to be, the Russians as in everything they do don't give a shit about what they do and the consequences, the French police do what the French police do.

My mate is heading north now, hopefully to enjoy a trouble free tournament, I asked him if he will be going to the Russia World Cup, not a fucking chance he said.

the violence was so predictable. french police do absolutely nothing to protect and their method of policing is just to crack skulls and fire tear gas. was in lille with everton and police were a disgrace. nothing remotely attractive about a football tournament in france, it will only get worse.

Some truth in that. Also, word went round before the infamous Stoke away not to go unless you were prepared to fight - that could have affected our following that day!

What's also depressing is the next round of games are in lens and lille, and with lens being a small town 20 minutes away from lille prior to the tournament the police urged travel firms to offer england/welsh fans to stay in lille, so after this they will still be russians, english staying near each other along with slovakians and welsh.

Just spoke to my mate who is out there, I was concerned for him after his text yesterday, he was genuinely worried, he moved away from the old port area and headed towards the stadium earlier than he wanted too, avoided all the nonsense, he was at the opposite side of the stadium to the Russian fans.

His opinion, England fans on the whole there for a good time, drinking / singing etc, a very small minority are prepared to react to provocation far to easily, mainly throwing bottles / chairs and posturing, not looking too fight.

He said Russian fans were the worst he has ever seen, not drinking, just purely pumped up for violence, what surprised him was the age of the Russians, he said they all looked over 35, no drunk or coked up late teen / early 20's, he said earlier in the day when he was in the old port they were outside a bar that was targeted by the Russians, the police (who he says have been shocking) held back the the hordes from both sides, when one Russian broke through and ran about 50 yards on his own into the English fans, not giving a shit, fucking mental.

He said the local hooligans were just picking out very small groups and ambushing them. No one comes out of this very well, we have on the whole cleaned up what was the English disease and attending games is now far safer than it used to be, the Russians as in everything they do don't give a shit about what they do and the consequences, the French police do what the French police do.

My mate is heading north now, hopefully to enjoy a trouble free tournament, I asked him if he will be going to the Russia World Cup, not a fucking chance he said.

Good to hear your mate is safe and the helpful info on what's going on in Marseille.

I would just say hats off to the two French riot police who saved the England fans life with CPR. Also, the French police did a good job when we went to Paris this season so problems with policing are probably more to do with the decision making of the senior ranks!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.