Violence at Euro 2016

Good to hear your mate is safe and the helpful info on what's going on in Marseille.

I would just say hats off to the two French riot police who saved the England fans life with CPR. Also, the French police did a good job when we went to Paris this season so problems with policing are probably more to do with the decision making of the senior ranks!

it use ok now?

Depressing really, a lot of the England fans at that port will be underclass who because it is relatively local can get there relatively cheaply. Same as when city play Stoke away and the calibre of away fan who turns up that day. They were probably filming themselves for social media singing no surrender songs or where are Isis when some 17 stone 6 foot 3 Russian ex soldier trained fighter turns up in a black t shirt and shit themselves. Would rather stick knitting needles in my cock than follow England abroad. Bad enough trying to get excited for the TV games! It's just a filler until the fixtures come out on Wednesday.
Your lack of knowledge is overwhelming, you do know the game was played at the furthest port away from Calais? Just makes what you post idiotic.

Well at least the FA have our back.[/QUOTE]

Very poor that.... No doubt there are English fans in the wrong in all this, but there's more than enough evidence already, that the instigators of the worst violence both in and out of the ground, were organised balaclavad up Russian thugs

These fights always have one thing in common - plastic chairs! It's like leaving guns lying around for Isis.

The sight of a plastic chair always seems to bring out the worse in people. It's nothing to do with the 12 pints of Kronenbourg.

From the moment they pick one up run with it and manage to throw it a mighty 2 yards it all goes wrong.

I have always thought England's away support was a mixture of happy clappies with a small section of racist thugs. I have seen nothing in the last few days to make me change my view. Done 20 Euro trips with City and for the most part our fans have been great and very street-wise. There have been isolated incidents where our fans have been picked off (like Seville) but mostly we know the rules and avoid trouble. That's why the vast majority of City fans do not bother with England abroad.

You'll be surprised at how many City fans used to follow England away until we got European football, i met some great people during those trips along with some right arseholes but i wouldn't go to another one if you funded it for me. The knock on effect though is that at club level we all get tarred with the same brush

These fights always have one thing in common - plastic chairs! It's like leaving guns lying around for Isis.

The sight of a plastic chair always seems to bring out the worse in people. It's nothing to do with the 12 pints of Kronenbourg.

From the moment they pick one up run with it and manage to throw it a mighty 2 yards it all goes wrong.

We'll be able to test the validity of this in Qatar '22. No alcohol but an abundance of outdoor furniture.

So there is no underclass by that port??!!

Any one singing no surrender etc is scum, saw a video of it. Embarrassing as lineker says.

Sorry I've been to two tournament with England out in Holland and Portugal.
Both times I've witnessed English fans being complete dicks - few beers and then the songs about 'no surrender' and 'RAF from England' come out. Beers getting chucked and general aggro. It's not a suprise when you see what it's like at Millwall, Leeds, West Ham fans at times. All mixed together with other ticketless English fans.
From what I can see yesterday though was the above, plus Russian mobs and heavy handed French police. A depressing mix.

does that really matter, most clubs in england away from home have fans that sing questionable songs, get drunk and occasional show some aggro. from what i saw the english fans were being targeted by organized russian fighters. there is nothing wrong with england fans, getting drunk and have a sing song, wed do the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.