Violence at Euro 2016

I think we should send a few thousand troops over, undercover dressed as fans, on duty so no alcohol, to protect our fans from these organised attacks on our citizens because they aren't getting any protection these last few days

does that really matter, most clubs in england away from home have fans that sing questionable songs, get drunk and occasional show some aggro. from what i saw the english fans were being targeted by organized russian fighters. there is nothing wrong with england fans, getting drunk and have a sing song, wed do the same.

There is a difference from singing "my father said" or let's say at stoke " did you cry when yaya scored" to singing "no surrender", "stand up if you hate the french" and telling europe to fuck off were leaving. Those songs are akin to the days of us singing dig up matt busby, one man went to mow etc, provocative songs.

There is a lot of blame that needs to be directed at the marseille ultras and as for the russians, thair actions were organised, viscious and disgusting , they were gonna attack no matter what, but we cannot pretend there wasn't a tiny group of English fans acting like knobs.

The whole organisation of this match has been a failiure from uefa and the french police. Marseille was flagged as a flash point match yet there seems to have be no forward thinking to keep fans apart, and the police seemed to have no plan but to tear gas people and hope they stop fucking about after

Last edited:
does that really matter, most clubs in england away from home have fans that sing questionable songs, get drunk and occasional show some aggro. from what i saw the english fans were being targeted by organized russian fighters. there is nothing wrong with england fans, getting drunk and have a sing song, wed do the same.

Sorry can't agree. I was in Germany a couple of years ago with the Family. A large group of West Ham showed up in Cologne for pre season - alright they wanted a beer and a laugh but their behavior was an absolute disgrace. No respect, basically tried to take over the place and it built and built until it descended into trouble. That day I realized a minority of Britains still live in the dark ages - going over to Europe, telling Germans they are scum, reminding them of a war and war crimes - that took place 70 yea s ago! , sang ridiculous anti German songs, erected flags in the main square, abused the local women, urinated and puked everywhere, demonstrated that they couldn't hold their drink and then decided to reclaim the Rhineland and got a good kicking from the local police. I can honestly say I was embarrassed to be British. I could understand the locals describing what they saw and they clearly observed a lower life form. The next day West Ham did exactly the same in Dortmund. But of course it was all the fault of the German's!

The fans are moving town now, away from Russians and the Marseilles police. The test will be whether it kicks off where they go next or not, then there may be a clearer picture of how they are behaving

probably will as many will be staying in lille 20-25 drive from lens and a larger town, also where russia are playing next

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/russia/9329741/Euro-2012-Russia-handed-suspended-six-point-deduction-for-2016-European-Championships-qualifiers.html

I bet this doesn't apply now....

The Russian Football Union were also fined €120,000 for the "improper conduct" of their supporters during their opening Euro 2012 Group A match against Czech Republic on Friday.

Uefa said in a statement: "The Uefa Control and Disciplinary Body has today decided to impose a deduction of six points on the Football Union of Russia (RFS) in the qualifying round of the next Uefa European Football Championship.

"This decision is suspended for a probationary period running from now until the end of the play-offs of the next Uefa European Football Championship (Uefa Euro 2016).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.